Women's football

Messi983

6-0. Geyse scoring immediately after coming on, great team goal.

7-0, Geyse now with a nice dribbling and assist for Claudia Pina.

Last edited:

Messi983

El Clasico starts in 20 minutes.

Fg5HVxGXwAASq-c

Messi983

9 wins in 9 games against CD Tacon, goal difference 33-5.

Vicky Lopez became the youngest player to play in El Clasico (16 years, 3 months, 11 days) beating record of Vicenc Martinez Alama (16 years, 9 months, 7 days)

13c06de6-8c50-4337-a4fa-cc5dc5aeb85e_media-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION], what happened yesterday between us and CD Tacon? Why is Olga Carmona from CD Tacon bitching about us?

Messi983

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION], what happened yesterday between us and CD Tacon? Why is Olga Carmona from CD Tacon bitching about us?

She accused Aitana for not greeting Misa at the end of the game. There is bad blood between players from both clubs coming from when 15 players (six Barca amongst them) have withdrawn from NT and demanded Spain coach Jorge Vilda to step down while Madrid players have stayed in the team.

Here is better explanation:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...onals-and-refuses-to-step-down-as-spain-coach

https://www.g.oal.com/en/news/expla...tiny-why-players-resigned/blt64e6bb94121c2d5d

(it's a goal . com article that is banned here for some reason, just remove that dot after G to read it)

As much as I like our players they are probably not blameless in this situation. After all they also wanted to offload Lluis Cortes after he won CL last year so likes of Alexia (eventhough she's injured she's ofc still involved) and Aitana surely have big influence on their team mates and want to change some things they don't like. Hard to really comment without knowing exactly what's going on inside the locker room though.

Nucky

Barca femeni are too strong for spanish league but I'm afraid not strong enough for Europe.. Alexia will be out entire season probably, they lost Hermoso..

Messi983

Barca femeni are too strong for spanish league but I'm afraid not strong enough for Europe.. Alexia will be out entire season probably, they lost Hermoso..

I think we're still easily at least top 3 team in Europe. Alexia is obviously a big miss (she might be back for crucial CL games but ofc questionable if really in form) but Aitana is filling in well for her also scoring a lot. And I think we did a good job replacing Hermoso with Geyse.

In other news, Laporta confirmed we're interested in Colombian striker Linda Caicedo who just finished 2nd best player in recent U17 World Cup behind Vicky Lopez (who we also signed last summer). She made her debut for first team of America de Cali with only 14 years and is also a part of Colombian senior NT.

Joan Laporta on Bar?a's interest in Linda Caicedo: "We have liked Linda for a long time, if I must be honest, maybe three years ago, she is a very young player, but she has also stood out and is very good. We in our scouting department do have her in our target" ?Via AS

Really like this focus on signing some of the most talented players in the world - Vicky Lopez, Salma Paralluelo and now maybe Linda Caicedo as well. And ofc we also have very young players who are already established in the first team like Claudia Pina and Bruna Vilamala (hopefully she can overcome her injuries). Alba Cano also made her debut few weeks ago and probably more Barca B players will get a chance with all the injuries (biggest blow is ofc CGH out for 2-3 months) we're currently dealing with in first team.

Home of Barca Fans