19 - Vitor Rawke

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Smart play would be to sign him now and let him stay in Brazil until the summer of 2024 to play regularly and gain some experience. By then maybe and just maybe we'll be out of the salary cap mess too.

Fn_2grSXgAAc9V5

mc_lovin

Smart play would be to sign him now and let him stay in Brazil until the summer of 2024 to play regularly and gain some experience. By then maybe and just maybe we'll be out of the salary cap mess too.

Not a smart move imo, he will still count towards our FFP margin. Every resource should directly go into next seasons squad, it will be a fight. I would be thrilled if we could get one or two relatively low money transfers done. It's really annoying, because I don't think the squad needs much.

khaled_a_d

Not a smart move imo, he will still count towards our FFP margin. Every resource should directly go into next seasons squad, it will be a fight. I would be thrilled if we could get one or two relatively low money transfers done. It's really annoying, because I don't think the squad needs much.

He actually won't count against our Liga FFP margin.
Would count against loses though.

serghei

Fn_2grSXgAAc9V5

Endrick dude is rated above this guy or viceversa?

We're talking about roughly the same expectations they will pan out world class?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's rather optimistic... he's costing easily 35m+. We won't recover half if he fails.

I was thinking that as long as he doesn't fail miserably (like completely flops, so bad that to the level that he can't even compete in European club football, has a career-ending injury etc.), which I think is unlikely, given how the market goes in a few years I think we can still sell him to an EPL club for example, for more than 35m, given his age.

mc_lovin

I was thinking that as long as he doesn't fail miserably (like completely flops, so bad that to the level that he can't even compete in European club football, has a career-ending injury etc.), which I think is unlikely, given how the market goes in a few years I think we can still sell him to an EPL club for example, for more than 35m, given his age.

It never works out like that.

Porque

Reinier is the example of what happens if it goes wrong. There is the other guy that Bayer Leverkusen bought who was very very highly rated a few years back. The fact I can't remember his name says it all.

For strikers, there are benchmarks that all the recent talents who have been successful share. Gabriel Jesus, Viniciys, Rodrygo.

They break through early (16/17), start all the games and average around 7/8 goals and 4/5 or so assists season.
In Brasileiro.

Roque is hitting that, Endrick probably does it next year. So that's a good sign for both.

On the other hand Madrid were looking at a Botafago young striker. Hasn't scored yet after about 20 games and Madrid haven't pulled the trigger- yet if ever.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can sign players like Vitor Roque, Enzo Fernandez, Vinicius Jr and others for anywhere between 20 to 40m.......or you can sign them two years later for 100m+.

Or sign Ferran Torres for 55m.

Not saying we absolutely need to sign Vitor Roque, but he's at least one of those top class/highly rated talents that's worth considering paying this much money for. This is obviously where proper scouting comes in. Something Barca either don't seem to possess or simply ignore when they go out spending loads of money for misfits or scrubs no one rates.

Araujo and Pedri the only success stories of the past 5 years or so, if not longer.

Home of Barca Fans