Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Yes - good for Messi

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No should stay

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobo32

I don't know any details in this situation, and can't decide right now.

What I will say is that it would be interesting to see him in another, well functioning, team, and in another league.
There will be some positives for Barcelona when Messi leaves, but I can't imagine they will outweigh the negatives. Without Messi this year, Barcelona would miss out on the european cups next year I am sure.

Bobo32

Embarrassing thread, should rename it to 'Should you consider supporting a different club'

Yes, I think it's very embarrassing for a Barcelona fan to feel he can judge what Messi should do, or that Messi owes him something.
Messi owes nothing to Barcelona, and Barcelona should do everything they can to get a good ending for Messi.
I think though that Messi might deserve one or two years elsewhere if he wants, and maybe Barcelona can find a deal that might be beneficial for them, too (let's say a few good younger players from Man City)

mc_lovin

You are a bit lost like Bobby Fischer? There will be no deal for Messi. He either leaves or not. Its not in Barcelonas hands. And its getting pretty fucking clear that Messi kept us from drowning the last few years opposed to dragging us down. I definitely want whats best for us, eg Messi staying. Everything else is a really, really weird opinion as a Barcelona fan.

serghei

Yes he should. His salary is too big, and we're not winning La Liga or CL next season, so what's the point? We make top 4 without him as well. He's too old to be part of the next cycle.

mc_lovin

Yes he should. His salary is too big, and we're not winning La Liga or CL next season, so what's the point? We make top 4 without him as well. He's too old to be part of the next cycle.

Looking at both Madrids we are more likely than not competing for the League with Messi. Unless either of them has a goat transfer window. And honestly, we can rebuild and keep Messi. Its not mutually exclusive. Theres so much to be done without touching him (yet).

Last edited:

serghei

Looking at both Madrids we are more likely than not competing for the League with Messi. Unless either of them has a goat transfer window. And honestly, we can rebuild and keep Messi. Its not exclusive. Theres so much to be done without touching him (yet).

I'll give you that. If Real Madrid stay as they are right now, we have a chance. But it's very very likely they will improve the team. They are forced to react big after going trophyless.

They don't even need a goat transfer window. They need a top wing player, to get their injured players recovered and they will win the league. If they sign someone like Mbappe, they are dead on to win the league, since Barca would have no answer to that with the financial situation being what it is.

Laplacian

No, because without Messi we'd be midtable or worse right now. Only reason we're at 3rd and had a decent title challenge is because he decided to step up for 2021, as he usually does. I'll consider the "get rid of Messi cause salary" once we have adequate replacements for his performance levels. Anyone one but him and De Jong in the squad is midtable level at the best.

mc_lovin

I'll give you that. If Real Madrid stay as they are right now, we have a chance. But it's very very likely they will improve the team. They are forced to react big after going trophyless.

They don't even need a goat transfer window. They need a top wing player, to get their injured players recovered and they will win the league. If they sign someone like Mbappe, they are dead on to win the league, since Barca would have no answer to that with the financial situation being what it is.

That's ridiculously defeatist. Not to mention we could have an answer for that - Ansu.

I don't even think Messi's salary will be a problem. Other teams wont offer him 100ME+, so there's a good chance we can extend him for decent conditions.

Last edited:

serghei

That's ridiculously defeatist. Not to mention we could have an answer for that - Ansu.

I don't even think Messi's salary will be a problem. Other teams wont offer him 100ME+, so there's a good chance we can extend him for decent conditions.

No, it's realistic.

serghei

No, because without Messi we'd be midtable or worse right now. Only reason we're at 3rd and had a decent title challenge is because he decided to step up for 2021, as he usually does. I'll consider the "get rid of Messi cause salary" once we have adequate replacements for his performance levels. Anyone one but him and De Jong in the squad is midtable level at the best.

I think we'd be fighting relegation with the likes of Elche and Huesca without Messi since we'd be playing 10 vs 11 all games. Or worse, knowing Lenglet. :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans