Liga Round 26: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

Birdy

Some over here still with the 'better coach > better manager' cliches

Carlo can outmanage Xavi, just needs to drop the players that dont matchup well vs current Barca.
Would drop Carvajal, shift Nacho to RB. Not sure Camavinga is better at DM in this case, would move to LB, stick Kroos there and Ceballos to take over his spot.
Would allow better press on Frenkie put Gavi in the mud and get a better RB all in one go

But wont happen so it'll probably be a draw, especially considering Benzema wont be fully fit

Now you are doing the coach for him. If you need to do the coach for him, it means a lot about his coaching abilities

Same excuses you were putting forward to shield the bald fraud Zizou from similar criticism

KingLeo10

Just amuses me how 3 or 4 time CL winning managers are frauds for BirLy while Graham “yer not a wizard” Potter is an elite manager

vegitot

Think this game will end as a draw. Not a must win game so without both Pedri and Dembele, Xavi may play it safe.

iniestaGOAT

Think this game will end as a draw. Not a must win game so without both Pedri and Dembele, Xavi may play it safe.

A draw is a win for us.

But it probably wont be a draw, its a must win game for REAL VARDRID. A draw will mean nothing to them, one teams winning for sure.

PhilS

We don't "need" a win. We don't even need a draw, a six point lead at this stage of the season will be enough. Barca will win La Liga this year regardless of the result of this game. RM will not win out, and Barca will only get less than six points off a perfect record if RM falters.

Barca is just too consistent against the entire rest of the league. Although the team is psyched out in Europe, it is extremely tough in the league. Good day, blah day, bad day, key injuries, Barca finds enough to get the result in Liga. This team deserves a lot of credit for that level of consistency and endurance.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Real have nothing to lose and it might turn out to be a goalfest after all.
I am hoping for it.

iniestaGOAT

We don't "need" a win. We don't even need a draw, a six point lead at this stage of the season will be enough. Barca will win La Liga this year regardless of the result of this game. RM will not win out, and Barca will only get less than six points off a perfect record if RM falters.

Barca is just too consistent against the entire rest of the league. Although the team is psyched out in Europe, it is extremely tough in the league. Good day, blah day, bad day, key injuries, Barca finds enough to get the result in Liga. This team deserves a lot of credit for that level of consistency and endurance.

6 pointa lead is absolutely not enough. We need a draw minimum.

We still gotta play atletico, they are unbeaten 10 games I think.

ajnotkeith

6 pointa lead is absolutely not enough. We need a draw minimum.

We still gotta play atletico, they are unbeaten 10 games I think.

6 points is plenty but team are going to choke if we lose and start dropping a ton of points out of fear.

We can't give any more energy to Madrid. If we win they are out of the title race. League is essentially being decided today.

mc_lovin

Win: League is ours.
Draw: Brilliant result.
Loss: Things get spicy, but it's still rather comfortable.

Pretty low stakes, but I still think it's more important than the Copa 2nd leg.

FC B

Imo a win is a must since there are no european matches left for Barca, a win would pretty much seal the title, a win would get Barca closer to h2h wins with Madrid and a win would be a morale boost for the team.
Sure a draw would also do.

Home of Barca Fans