Eto'o vs Suarez : who was Closer of the ballon d'or ?

jamrock

Ronaldinho had a good 3.5-4 years where he was total class though, even that 2006 season where Brazil lost the WC, for Barcelona he had one of his best seasons ever, finish with I think 20 & 20 in the league & we only lost on head to head or by a point, he was the one dragging us for most that season.

The 2006 WC killed dinho, that was supposed to be his WC, but Parreira built his team play around a then clearly passed in R9, with this magic squares, Ronaldinho was often the furthest behind all the 4 attacking players.

After that, he was kinda like fuck it, Imma party.

By Messi's standard, 4 seasons is nada, but pretty pretty good, I don't think Ronaldo even had that at club level, But talent wise jeeez, he was something else, those 2 probably the most talented footballers I've ever seen, at their best.

KingLeo10

KHR is underrated.

Muller and Eusebio are definitely tier 1 all time. Along with MVB, and R9 (despite his injuries and poor club record)

KingLeo10

I would say tier 2 after those 4 would be:

Romario (more like tier 1.5 to be honest), Henry, Eto'o, Suarez, Lewa, Benzema

You can rank these guys in any order, but Romario is definitely the best of the bunch

Temptation

RL9 criminally underrated as usual on this forum. I'll make a case for him(What a surprise, eh).

If he wins trophies with Barca:
He'll have won big trophies with 3 huge clubs(including 2 of them top 3 clubs itw) as the undisputed main man all the time.
He has an insane record in the UCL.
He has great individual statistics (will end up 2nd European top scorer behind CR7) for a shite NT.
Have 700 plus Career Goals and around 1000 G/A.
Have numerous individual awards despite being notoriously robbed on multiple occasions by the establishment. So much so they had to make up an award to appease the public.
Have numerous records including many unique ones.
Have insane longevity and consistency. The most consistent player after Cris and Leo.
Done it in multiple leagues with remarkable ease. Adaptable and independent of system. Performed in every system because of his completeness.
Established himself as a leader and a great captain.
Will have 30 plus career team trophies.

How many players can boast of that?

Will finish as one of the most decorated players ever.

It's simple, RL9 is a symbol of success. RL9=Glory.

Last edited:

Etoshow

I would say tier 2 after those 4 would be:

Romario (more like tier 1.5 to be honest), Henry, Eto'o, Suarez, Lewa, Benzema

You can rank these guys in any order, but Romario is definitely the best of the bunch

I do definitely put Romario (especially him) and Eto'o over Van Basten and Gerd Muller. Gerd Muller can't be better than them and Van Basten is on their level but I just like those two more.

Temptation

I do definitely put Romario (especially him) and Eto'o over Van Basten and Gerd M?ller. Gerd M?ller can't be better than them and Van Basten is on their level but I just like those two more.

Bloody Samuel Eto'o better than Gerd fucking Muller and the Swan of Utrecht? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Lord! What's wrong with this forum? Fuck me this has to be a joke! :lol:

Even Samuel's mum doesn't think that!

jamrock

Nah, van Basten, Muller & romario, (great call on that one, disrespectful of us)

Those 3+Ronaldo are all better than eto'o.

Eto'o is alone by himself in the clutch teir, of those 4 in god tier.

Good tier, R9, Romario, Muller, Van Basten.
Clutch Tier: eto'o

Tier 1: Benzema, Suarez, Henry, maybe forgetting another name or 2 here.

Etoshow

Bloody Samuel Eto'o better than Gerd fucking Muller and the Swan of Utrecht? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's your opinion which is laughable. Samuel Eto'o is without a shadow of a doubt the best striker of his generation. And I'm not saying ONE OF THE BEST but THE BEST. From 2004-2011 there is nobody who matches his numbers, achievements and talent. Gerd Muller isn't the striker Eto'o was. Eto'o is a miles more complete : Pace, dribbling, solo goals, adaptation and versatility. Showed he can be a beast in a team like Mallorca in Spain and in great teams as Barcelona and Inter Milan not to mention with Cameroon. He should have won a World best too. Eto'o is the only player in History of football to win two continental trebbles back to back in a row.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member

Why do you always talk shit about the forum as a whole when it's just one user expressing his opinion?

Hipocrita.

Etoshow

Why do you always talk shit about the forum as a whole when it's just one user expressing his opinion?

Hipocrita.

He simply doesn't know football enough to have his own opinion because he's young. We're comparing strikers with arguments, he is talking about most hyped 9s. You just have to read his posts to understand. He didn't watch Etoo's peak days.

Etoshow

RL9 criminally underrated as usual on this forum. I'll make a case for him(What a surprise, eh).

If he wins trophies with Barca:
He'll have won big trophies with 3 huge clubs(including 2 of them top 3 clubs itw) as the undisputed main man all the time.
He has an insane record in the UCL.
He has great individual statistics (will end up 2nd European top scorer behind CR7) for a shite NT.
Have 700 plus Career Goals and around 1000 G/A.
Have numerous individual awards despite being notoriously robbed on multiple occasions by the establishment. So much so they had to make up an award to appease the public.
Have numerous records including many unique ones.
Have insane longevity and consistency. The most consistent player after Cris and Leo.
Done it in multiple leagues with remarkable ease. Adaptable and independent of system. Performed in every system because of his completeness.
Established himself as a leader and a great captain.
Will have 30 plus career team trophies.

How many players can boast of that?

Will finish as one of the most decorated players ever.

It's simple, RL9 is a symbol of success. RL9=Glory.

For Godsake stop it 🤣. Lewandowski is a great player but don't overestimate him please. He isn't a big game's player and he never was. He is a poacher who used to boost in a farmer league that's all.

BBZ8800

As much as I love Suarez , I don't think Eto'o would have went 6 years with scoring only 1 away goal in CL , especially with Messi by his side.

True

Alos, imo, a lot of people here remember Etoo mostly from Pep's days where he was good, but imo NOT as good as 2004-2006 Rijkaard's Etoo.
And during Pep, he started to miss tons of chances.

Anyway, Etoo's Champions league goals. He was really fast in his first years at Barca:

Home of Barca Fans