FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's possible but what does la liga rules say about him playing for us while owning another team in the same league is it a conflict of intrest etc

I flat out don't know if there are rules in La Liga or elsewhere barring players playing for a certain club as a professional player while owning other clubs in the same league/competition. Are there any?

I am guessing the club (Romeu, Laporta etc.) knows better, there must be a good reason why they don't see the wage bill going down until the 24/25 season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Where would Andorra even play if they went to LaLiga.

Still in Andorra, shouldn't be a problem. I think Andorra is pretty integrated with Catalonia and Spain sports-wise as there are teams from Andorra playing in Spanish leagues like the ACB etc. without any problems.

Porque

I meant where stadium wise as LaLiga needs the stadiums to meet certain criteria in safety, amenities and capacity.

Their current stadium is currently 3000 and the biggest in Andorra.

They would have to build a LaLiga level/capacity stadium. There are none in Andorra and that sort of project would take time.

I guess they could use a stadium like Lleida (no idea if it is LaLiga credited actually) which is still far but closer than the likes of Girona and Barcelona.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I meant where stadium wise as LaLiga needs the stadiums to meet certain criteria in safety, amenities and capacity.

Their current stadium is currently 3000 and the biggest in Andorra.

They would have to build a LaLiga level/capacity stadium. There are none in Andorra and that sort of project would take time.

I guess they could use a stadium like Lleida (no idea if it is LaLiga credited actually) which is still far but closer than the likes of Girona and Barcelona.

I don't know, does La Liga have requirements with regard to minimum capacity etc.? I remember Eibar's home ground, Ipurua or something like that that was very small, with only several thousands seats etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How many more millions will be lost now Laporta and Romeu, now we are out of the CL?

Don't think it is just 12m as Romeu reportedly said. 40m more likely.

Messi983

How many more millions will be lost now Laporta and Romeu, now we are out of the CL?

Don't think it is just 12m as Romeu reportedly said. 40m more likely.

9,6m for not qualifying to Round of 16 and further 10,6m for not getting to quarterfinals as the club planned.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...mpions-league-prize-money-how-much-teams-make

Obviously also lost around 2m by only drawing last night and not winning. Even if we fail to qualify winning next two games against Viktoria and Bayern would be welcome from financial standpoint as would give us 5,6m.

All this just prize money though, we lose more money from TV rights, tickets etc.

In comparision we can earn around 13m total if we win EL. 8,6m for winning the competition and further 4,5m to play in European Super Cup.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only way we can make up some of the loss is to continue to have rather high number of attendance at Camp Nou, which is already 18% higher than that of 18/19 season so far this season.

But if the team doesn't play well, the excitement brought by the new players will die off and fans won't show up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We signed Nexo, a cryptocurrency platform as the sleeve sponsor. The financials have not been revealed but shouldn't be too far off from 15m, I think.

Home of Barca Fans