Xavi Hernández

xXKonan

Busi is gone after this season no doubt, heck there were pretty reliable rumors he probably would have left already if this wasn't a WC year.

Wasn't interested in renewing in the summer because he wants to go to MLS at the end of his contract which expires at the end of the season.

ajnotkeith

Point of the matter is we have a mack daddy as manager again, and this hasn't happened since Lucho and Pep days. And guess what, Lucho also benched Pique and Alba at moments because of poor performances. There were even rumors in 2012 that Pep also wanted to get rid of Pique as part of rebuilding (and others), hinting that the amigo clan was in formation since back then.

Leaving aside how good Xavi will be or not, we now function as a serious pro team again. Circus Barca is over.

I don't know about internal Barca politics, but I can't imagine it is that hard to bench a 34 year old washed Pique who parties all night before game days for an amazing young player in Jules Kounde.

Is that a very hard choice?

Much more impressive was him giving the starting spot to Balde over Alba who actually had a pretty good season last year. That was something even on this forum not many people were calling for, in fact most people here thought Balde was shite and overhyped.

Last edited:

Gari

How can you even predict the winner of La Liga? Atl?tico have been losing to Real Madrid for decades. We could have taken La Liga with Koeman. Was Real Madrid the favorite in the last Champions League? He was buried after the first match with PSG. This is football.

Birdy

New Jammie just waits a few weeks for dust to settle and pretend it never happened.

New Jammie takes long breaks from BF every now and then.
His therapist has proposed this.
Trying so hard not to accept Ls have taken toll on his mental health

Windhook

I'm still impressed how Xavi benched the amigos trio in the last match. I'm aware we played against a Segunda-destined team, but the signs are there.

Nonetheless it's Xavi's job to pick the squad, not sacrifice tactics and training based on sentiments he could have on those former teammates he goes out to dinner with.

malvolio

Got shafted by the NT break(not over yet, could be worse). Let's see how he gets out of the CL group and keeps us into the title fight.

Horatio

You're welcome
Has done an impressive job so far not getting asked questions by journalists about the immorality of his role as ambassador for Qatar World Cup.

Respect.

Home of Barca Fans