Xavi Hernández

Kul_z

Just make camp nou a fortress again. Dont want to see humiliations in and out. Nice to see teams helpless again, not putting us on last legs

serghei

For CL push we still need GK, fullback, and defensive midfielder if De Jong is not seen as option there. Possibly even LW looking at the poor state of Ansu and Ferran.

La Liga is gonna be close with Madrid.

malvolio

For CL push we still need GK, fullback, and defensive midfielder if De Jong is not seen as option there. Possibly even LW looking at the poor state of Ansu and Ferran.

La Liga is gonna be close with Madrid.

CL is dictated by fine margins. Even at RW we flopped our first big test. Lewa also being questioned in big games.

Will win it next season, with Messi in the team.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Nah nah nah, it is high time all you haters who doubted this king back in January to come on out from the hiding. I know I aint been active much but I am here for my flowers regarding Xavi:

[tw]1571803165544292355?s=10&t=J06-T-DW9AMIyK8r94YtlQ[/tw]

Honestly cannot believe people really thought he was going to blatantly play favorites with the veterans strictly off the evidence of them being friends and teammates in the past.

Anyways, mans is doing virtually everything I would want our manager to do outside of his patience with Ferran lolz. Real will eventually slip and I am confident we can beat them head to head this season. Last season they had the individual quality of Benz carrying them through matches, now they are relying on Fede so I will be surprised if they do not drop points outside of playing us this first half of the season.

It is really hard to predict and set expectations for the season and project a bit based off of performance due to how the calendar will work with the World Cup so I will wait to do that until everyone is back to their clubs in January and we can gauge collective / individual performance from there.

Birdy

Honestly cannot believe people really thought he was going to blatantly play favorites with the veterans strictly off the evidence of them being friends and teammates in the past.

Surprisingly, this proved to be his greatest virtue so far!
He is indeed applying meritocracy

"ManagingBarca
����| Gerard Piqu? was complaining about his playing time in the dressing room, Xavi heard it & said: “You are going to play even less now.”
@sport"

MY MANAGER!

serghei

CL is dictated by fine margins. Even at RW we flopped our first big test. Lewa also being questioned in big games.

Will win it next season, with Messi in the team.

It was just a game in which we actually dominated Bayern at their home. We will see on Camp Nou. Can't built a new team in 2 months. We are actually moving pretty fast.

Windhook

Indeed, we demand too much from a new group of players. It takes time and the signs of progress are already here.

Pique lost his place because he's a loudmouth and such players disrupting the atmosphere need to be dealt with. Busi doesn't complain, but I believe his minutes will be reduced as well during this season.

Xavi is the boss, not Pique, Busi or Alba. I hope these 3 realize it's for the good of the club and the future. Should put their ego aside, if can't, then move to Japan or MLS.

JohnN

I have high hopes busquets will see less minutes as the season progresses. After WC he might see no minutes at all.

ajnotkeith

Surprisingly, this proved to be his greatest virtue so far!
He is indeed applying meritocracy

"ManagingBarca
����| Gerard Piqu? was complaining about his playing time in the dressing room, Xavi heard it & said: ?You are going to play even less now.?
@sport"

MY MANAGER!
This isn't meritocracy (and indeed probably isn't a true story).

No serious manager would remove playing time from a player because they said they want to play more in the dressing room. He's on the bench because Xavi received better alternatives like Kounde and Christensen in the summer market and not because he overheard Pique complaining about playing time.

serghei

Point of the matter is we have a mack daddy as manager again, and this hasn't happened since Lucho and Pep days. And guess what, Lucho also benched Pique and Alba at moments because of poor performances. There were even rumors in 2012 that Pep also wanted to get rid of Pique as part of rebuilding (and others), hinting that the amigo clan was in formation since back then.

Leaving aside how good Xavi will be or not, we now function as a serious pro team again. Circus Barca is over.

Last edited:

Alik

No elite coach will touch this club as long as the amigos call the shots.

Amigos don't call the shots.

Yeah right, they play every minute because they are great.

Until the amigo culture dies, no coach with self respect will touch Barca. No elite coach would put up with the shit from Pique, Busi and Alba.

They don't play every minute and they don't play because they are calling the shots.

Minutes played last 5 matches:

Pique: 0 + 45 + 45 + 38 + 0
Alba: 82 + 45 + 61 + 63 + 45
Busquets: 90 + 45 + 61 + 45 + 45

If there is an "amigo culture", it's because Xavi chooses to play his amigos. An elite coach would be able to impose his own choices, with no problem.

Pique, Alba, Busquets don't really have as much power as you think.

We have using the excuse of amigo culture for years. But I do not think this is applicable now.

Wait, you are counting minutes from friendly games. :lol:

Only Pique will have a drop in minutes this season, the other two will play whenever they are available.

Sorry Alik, amigo culture is stronger than ever with Xavi at the helm (BOTH xavi and Busquets are responsible). Not to mention, using "stats" from friendly games is just plain wrong.

https://fbref.com/en/players/5ab0ea87/Sergio-Busquets

Last season, Busquets played the highest minutes he's ever played in LL in his whole career. And this season he starts with his usual 90 mins.

1. I am counting the last 5 matches, because this transfer window we have made significant changes to the squad. The situation is entirely different from last season. Why are we ignoring that?
2. Pique will definitely have his minutes reduced, he has a lot of competition in his position. That leaves what? Two players equals "amigo culture"?
3. Amigo culture is not stronger than it was, back when Messi and Suarez were here, and Pique had no competition.
4. Catta's original assertion was that "No elite coach will touch this club as long as the amigos call the shots". Obviously, we are talking about a scenario without Xavi.
5. Do you seriously think a manager like Klopp or Guardiola would not be able to stamp his authority because of a couple of players like Busquets or Alba? :lol:

The fact Pique exists at the club to this point is proof of amigo culture.

The way he behaves and gets away with it is an absolute disgrace and has been for years.

Had far too much input and influence on board and getting away with unprofessional behaviour and every coach knew where power dynamic lay.

No top coach would touch Barca and one of many reasons would be the influence of amigos.

W

Horatio

You're welcome
I am giving Xavi benefit of doubt because I think he is too smart to favor players just because they are Catalan. Pique is playing because well...he has been delivering and there are no better options.
Mingueza and Puig are are getting permanently benched because he believes they are not good enough and they are Catalan. Busquets he is convinced is still the best option for the DM position and there is no proper replacement so far.

Trust the process. Once Pedri is back we need to make sure he does not get injured and hopefully Ansu will start to deliver soon enough.

But we have been linked with Christensen, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Kessie as well. They are not spanish.

siuuu. Small W

Home of Barca Fans