Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

KingLeo10

Gotta love the salt on here. Scarily good start to the season from Bayern. I expect Nagelsmann to do better in his second season having gained some experience last year and Bayern made some smart additions in the window to offset losing Lewa.

They might be 3rd favorites in CL this campaign.

:lol: Leave it to this beta to put the pom poms for every team other than Barca...on a Barca forum

fergus90

First ten minutes was end-to-end and then Bayern blew them away. Mane will probably get a hatful the amount of passes Kimmich was putting on a platter for him.

They will probably end up better without Lewa to be honest, more unpredictable and fluid.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern the perennial league winner is good news for me, as interest from overseas market on Bundesliga will keep dwindling, or at least make it grow at a slower rate than other leagues. That is great news for me.

Bayern the money club already sensed the crisis, pushing DFL to move German Super Cup to be held in a foreign country and wanting the league to abolish 50+1.

Birdy

Bayern gonna thump their chests again and get knocked out by a semi-decent team in CL :lol:

Not sure at all...
Bayern is one of the CL favorites this season on my book.
1st year is always difficult for a new coach.
Nagelsman is working out his tactics and squad and looks ready for a top display this season.
AND they bought impressively in the market, having no obvious flaws this season in squad depth

serghei

I'm curious if Dortmund fans support Bayern in Europe vs foreign teams... Maybe the other German sides see Bayern as the ultimate Mack Daddy. If you are comfortable with that thought, maybe it doesn't need to be challenged.

fergus90

Bayern do have great European pedigree and have done for 60 years. Like them or not they always need to be considered in the mix regardless of their Bundesliga dominance.

Even when they were playing Uefa cup in the late 00's they came back and made 3 CL finals in 4 years.

serghei

Bayern do have great European pedigree and have done for 60 years. Like them or not they always need to be considered in the mix regardless of their Bundesliga dominance.

Even when they were playing Uefa cup in the late 00's they came back and made 3 CL finals in 4 years.

Yeah, they are always in the mix. But I have rarely seen a team so often in the mix with so few actual legit wins. :lol:

They won 3 CLs since I became aware football exists.

One in pens. One in the last minute. And a covid slimmed down one. :lol: Against Valencia, Dortmund, and PSG.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not sure at all...
Bayern is one of the CL favorites this season on my book.
1st year is always difficult for a new coach.
Nagelsman is working out his tactics and squad and looks ready for a top display this season.
AND they bought impressively in the market, having no obvious flaws this season in squad depth

True, I think if we have to find some flaws their midfield could be one, I don't know if Goretzka will be back his past after his knee problems and Gravenberch, though I like a lot, might still take time to adapt. Kimmich has regressed in my opinion, I think they might need a DM who can hold the ball better.

Their defense is loaded, but tactics can still make them figured out, I suppose.

fergus90

One thing I will say about Bayern, Alphonso Davies is super overrated. The guy is rapid and bombs down the flank but he's a terrible defender. His pace bails him out of a a lot of situations.

serghei

One thing I will say about Bayern, Alphonso Davies is super overrated. The guy is rapid and bombs down the flank but he's a terrible defender.

Yeah, more people got notice of this and this is why his high rating tempered down over the last 2 seasons.

KingLeo10

Yeah, they are always in the mix. But I have rarely seen a team so often in the mix with so few actual legit wins. :lol:

They won 3 CLs since I became aware football exists.

One in pens. One in the last minutes. And a covid reduced one. :lol:

This is my impression of them too. I dug up some stats on this and compared CL KO W/L proportion versus "top" opposition:

Bayern's was around 45-50% from 2010 onwards. Barca's was like 70-75% during 06-2015. RM's was almost 80% from 2011 onwards till today.

Basically they're good at demolishing bad teams but barely break even versus other elite teams. Can't say the same for when Barca or RM, especially are strong/elite.

serghei

This is my impression of them too. I dug up some stats on this and compared CL KO W/L proportion versus "top" opposition:

Bayern's was around 45-50% from 2010 onwards. Barca's was like 70-75% during 06-2015. RM's was almost 80% from 2011 onwards till today.

Basically they're good at demolishing bad teams but barely break even versus other elite teams. Can't say the same for when Barca or RM, especially are strong/elite.

I think they are somewhat similar to Barca. A bit higher in terms of consistency, but with lower peaks. Also sharing some sort of bad stuff that somehow happens to them more often that you'd expect.

Birdy

True, I think if we have to find some flaws their midfield could be one, I don't know if Goretzka will be back his past after his knee problems and Gravenberch, though I like a lot, might still take time to adapt. Kimmich has regressed in my opinion, I think they might need a DM who can hold the ball better.

Their defense is loaded, but tactics can still make them figured out, I suppose.

No, Kimmich is top top notch. BTW, his free kick goal tonight :worthy: ....

But I agree as to the 2nd pivot they play.
Goretska is limited in many respects, and Sabitser a questionmark.
Gravenbach is for sure the one to pay attention to, he has the potential to become truly great MD, but it's still early

If they had Frenkie for instance, playing next to Kimmich, you could say with certainty that their squad will be close to perfection

serghei

Like you just know if Chelsea would pull off another Barca-against-all-odds win in 2012, it was gonna be against Bayern. :lol:

fergus90

I don't really think you can have a true DM in Nagelsmann's system. The backline is so flipping high that the CB will be smothering the DM.

Home of Barca Fans