Ernesto Valverde

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Athletic will finish somewhere between 6th and 10th place as they usually do and did with Valverde previously. He finished 4th once, but Sevilla, Betis, Villarreal were poor back then and so was Atletico.

Morten

If he finish 4th this season, i wonder what kind of excuses some of the people here will come up with in order to not give EV any credit.

DonAK

Temptation you have never watched a game of Athletic or Valverde coaching them. Stop faking it :lol:

Temptation

I have seen Valverde coach Barca and normalise winning leagues for fun. Underrated coach. Gets the best outta what he's given.

Perfectly accommodated Messi and a washed up Suarez for Barca with his tactics.

Not the sexiest name but a solid coach. Like the David Moyes of Spain basically

DonAK

I have seen Valverde coach Barca and normalise winning leagues for fun. Underrated coach. Gets the best outta what he's given.

Perfectly accommodated Messi and a washed up Suarez for Barca.

Solid coach. Like the David Moyes of Spain basically

Interesting you say that.

Fancy Moyes as Klopp's successor in a couple of years?

KingLeo10

:lol: Yeah EV really accommodated Messi who won 8 leagues and 3 or 4 CLs and 5 Ballon D'Ors before him

Trolls these days, man

Temptation

Well Benitez went to Everton.

Hopefully Moyesy makes the switch across too.

Moyes is perfectly suited for West Ham just like EV for Bilbao.

Actually, I'd say EV's ceiling is a level above Moyes even coz he has the experience of winning leagues with ease.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He doesn't have 50 goals a season Messi to carry him like in 17/18 and 18/19.

Bum will finish mid-table

It's pretty clear EV got the best out of the older version of Messi. Otherwise Messi could have scored 50 goals again in 19/20 to carry Setien to the la liga title or in 16/17 one season before EV came to Barca to win the title :p I would understand if people doesnt see EV as the main guy behind of the success (ll wins) but it's rubbish to say he did nothing/carried by a player.

vegitot

Athletic will finish somewhere between 6th and 10th place as they usually do and did with Valverde previously. He finished 4th once, but Sevilla, Betis, Villarreal were poor back then and so was Atletico.

Bilbao finished 4th in 2013/14. Atelitco were the champion, yet they were poor???

Home of Barca Fans