21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

Yea let's sack a player with a valid contract.

The oldies can't be moved.

Frankie is a sellable asset, that doesn't offer enough to justify is salary.

Yes lets sack him for all the unprofessional behaviour and using his leverage within club etc to make deals for his own financial gain with the spanish FA etc.

See if he fights it in court and goes against club.

They wont as they pander to amigos. Same as has been case for years.

Pique behaves like an unprofessional buffoon and they rally round him as always. Let him have say on Messi and next coach etc. Brilliant.

Nothing new.

Not against selling FDJ but it is nonsense to make out it is all about money and try to apply pressure on him when amigos sit untouched on huge contracts also.

Last edited:

jamrock

All of doesn't change the fact that like every single person has said, fans, club members & pundits as said.

De jong is the most sellable asset we have that if he leaves will not really impact the team negative.

Busquets & pique's contract expires in 2023 & 2024 respectively, after which the club will probably try to negotiate a buy out of their deferred salaries at a reduced Cost, makes no sense to try to use the stick against them, they have a contract where if they say they want all their money, we have to pay them.

While de jong at 25, can be sold relatively easily.

Two different situations, two different tactics.

mc_lovin

Jesus, what are you going on about? Good luck trying to sack a player for unprofessional behavior :lol: Has that ever happened? Heck, Greenwood still has a contract.

JamDav1982

All of doesn't change the fact that like every single person has said, fans, club members & pundits as said.

De jong is the most sellable asset we have that if he leaves will not really impact the team negative.

Busquets & pique's contract expires in 2023 & 2024 respectively, after which the club will probably try to negotiate a buy out of their deferred salaries at a reduced Cost, makes no sense to try to use the stick against them, they have a contract where if they say they want all their money, we have to pay them.

While de jong at 25, can be sold relatively easily.

Two different situations, two different tactics.

Yes FDJ is clearly a sellable asset... no one is arguing otherwise.

Barca will pay huge money for Pique in next two years.. he is further off the level required than FDJ if looking at it in terms of salaries as club claim is case with FDJ.

jamrock

Yes FDJ is clearly a sellable asset... no one is arguing otherwise.

Barca will pay huge money for Pique in next two years.. he is further off the level required than FDJ if looking at it in terms of salaries as club claim is case with FDJ.

But you cannot sell pique, you can sell de jong, so that's irrelevant.

JamDav1982

But you cannot sell pique, you can sell de jong, so that's irrelevant.

I never claimed could sell Pique. I said no club would pay a penny.

Also the point the club is making is not about a transfer fee it is about salaries due which is point of looking at what is due to players this year and next.

Maybe it is impossible and Busi/Pique would put money before leaving club in right way but I dont think they would. There would be some compromise at some point to better suit all.

Could even go as far as not registering Pique for first team squad etc and telling him time is up. Put pressure back in him to sit and take the big money while club no longer wants him. There are a number of reasons he would not fancy that would think.

But they wont.

Porque

Jesus, what are you going on about? Good luck trying to sack a player for unprofessional behavior :lol: Has that ever happened? Heck, Greenwood still has a contract.

Adrian Mutu. We just got to plant some coke on Pique. I'm sure Riqui Puig will flip for a contract extension.

jack-nicholson.gif

ajnotkeith

Plenty of players have been sacked for unprofessional conduct.

And I would think the club has a very strong case here, what with Pique being seen partying in private clubs before every other gameday.

Would just be a incredible precedent to get into a court battle like that with a club legend.

jamrock

I never claimed could sell Pique. I said no club would pay a penny.

Also the point the club is making is not about a transfer fee it is about salaries due which is point of looking at what is due to players this year and next.

Maybe it is impossible and Busi/Pique would put money before leaving club in right way but I dont think they would. There would be some compromise at some point to better suit all.

Could even go as far as not registering Pique for first team squad etc and telling him time is up. Put pressure back in him to sit and take the big money while club no longer wants him. There are a number of reasons he would not fancy that would think.

But they wont.

Yep, which is why de jong is the best option.

Sell him, we get some money to spend & cap space

He renegotiates, we get some cap space.

JamDav1982

Plenty of players have been sacked for unprofessional conduct.

And I would think the club has a very strong case here, what with Pique being seen partying in private clubs before every other gameday.

The Super Cup contract for his own personal gain and using his ties with Spanish FA to try and influence officiating are both surely bringing game into disrepute also if club wanted to go down that line.

Also having that contract in place and gaining personally from the team qualifying and certain other teams qualifying that you play against... while team mates are flown across there seeing none of those benefits.

Fuck him.

I bet he is up to some amount of shit no one knows about that could get brought to light he would never challenge club in court on behaviour etc. While it would also possibly impact his future runs at presidency.

Home of Barca Fans