Ousmane Dembélé

JamDav1982

don't worry, we'll bring Messi and Iniesta back. Suarez too. Next season's 11:

ter Rorist - Alba, Pique, Araujo, Alves - Iniesta, Busi, Roberto - Pedri, Suarez, Messi

Then claim intensity it non negotiable for his teams and have obligation to play certain way when get beat.

feggydinho

Rapinha is backup.

Black prince is staying.

Nah, I don't see him staying for the current offer, in fact, he'll be foolish to accept it IMO, with the current market and hype he has (he literally has the upper hand). Seems Bayern just entered the race for him now, and I bet he'll have more suitors this summer (getting his signature won't be as easy as you think)

Last edited:

Birdy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtnT9Xl2iBg

Pure fucking technique. It actually triggers me that anyone would claim he's the inferior dribbler.

You are such a loser...
You can't accept you are wrong and devise all the more crap to barricade behind.

For once, you clearly haven't watched enough Liverpool the last 5 years.
For every City and Spurs wonder-goal Salah scores with that kind of dribbling, he has another 10-15 failed attempts to initiate something similar.
He has 41% dribbling success rate.

Same for Vini who has 44% dribbling success rate

I don't care (NO ONE CARES) if you like to see stepovers and close control in dribbling.

Then, you have been strawmaning so badly here, as no one claimed Dembele scores better or shoots better than any of the players mentioned in the last pages.

jamrock

He's gone, which is why he didn't today, objective achieved for him & Adama helped us secure CL, xavi isn't gonna play them fair enough don't risk injuries when you're gone in a few weeks.

feggydinho

He's gone, which is why he didn't today, objective achieved for him & Adama helped us secure CL, xavi isn't gonna play them fair enough don't risk injuries when you're gone in a few weeks.

I suspect this too, especially when Luuk came in for Depay and Today was Dembele's birthday for which he got no minutes.

Last edited:

Bobo32

No Ousmane, no party...

For me the worst performance of the season tonight. We have had bad defeats, but this dull, mediocre, and toothless lot tonight was heart-breaking TBH

Maybe a performance Bobo would fancy, w/o possession losses and stuff, right [MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION] ?

And a team that looks as toothless upfront as Mourinho's teams the last 7 years look :lol:

Not close to the worst performance. I rather enjoyed it, yes. There were still too many mistakes, Balde, Torres, Depay and Aubameyang being the main perpetrators.
Dembele could very well come on in the 65th or even 45th minute in a game like this to try and force things, having him available in that role would be a kind of a luxury, but he is too expensive for that I think.
Had he started, I think Barcelona could very well lose this game.

feggydinho

Not close to the worst performance. I rather enjoyed it, yes. There were still too many mistakes, Balde, Torres, Depay and Aubameyang being the main perpetrators.
Dembele could very well come on in the 65th or even 45th minute in a game like this to try and force things, having him available in that role would be a kind of a luxury, but he is too expensive for that I think.
Had he started, I think Barcelona could very well lose this game.

So do you now think that Dembele is the best creative forward in the team (in terms of creating chances)? or do you still think the other forwards can also easily create chances like him (if they allow themselves fail as you said) mind you our last game against Celta was going this way till Dembele stepped up.

Bobo32

So do you now think that Dembele is the best creative forward in the team (in terms of creating chances)? or do you still think the other forwards can also easily create chances like him (if they allow themselves fail as you said) mind you our last game against Celta was going this way till Dembele stepped up.

I don't think they allowed themselves to fail even close to Dembele levels this game. Hence the 70%+ possession compared to 40-45 or what it was last game.
They are pretty terrible though, both Depay and Auba fail too much and I never really liked them. Ferran Torres needs to step up, he plays like shit.

ajnotkeith

You are such a loser...
You can't accept you are wrong and devise all the more crap to barricade behind.

For once, you clearly haven't watched enough Liverpool the last 5 years.
For every City and Spurs wonder-goal Salah scores with that kind of dribbling, he has another 10-15 failed attempts to initiate something similar.
He has 41% dribbling success rate.

Same for Vini who has 44% dribbling success rate

I don't care (NO ONE CARES) if you like to see stepovers and close control in dribbling.

Then, you have been strawmaning so badly here, as no one claimed Dembele scores better or shoots better than any of the players mentioned in the last pages.

People who think it is easy to do what Dembele does ('just knock the ball past the defender') have clearly never kicked a ball in their life. Top division defenders are not pylons, LOL.

We have Ferran Torres as our clear evidence, who in fact has a higher top speed than Dembele. Yet he can't 'knock the ball on and run', and become LL top assister by 'spamming crosses'. Even Getafe defenders can read his attempts like a book. He is useless in dribbling. I wonder why? Isn't he fast so he can just knock it on?

Why is there no other winger in LL racking up 20 assists by just spamming crosses, if it's so easy? Some on this forum make it sound like any of us can do it.

It's almost like there's a massive skill difficulty and that's why nobody else has those dribble % and assists.

feggydinho

People who think it is easy to do what Dembele does ('just knock the ball past the defender') have clearly never kicked a ball in their life. Top division defenders are not pylons, LOL.

We have Ferran Torres as our clear evidence, who in fact has a higher top speed than Dembele. Yet he can't 'knock the ball on and run', and become LL top assister by 'spamming crosses'. Even Getafe defenders can read his attempts like a book. He is useless in dribbling. I wonder why? Isn't he fast so he can just knock it on?

Why is there no other winger in LL racking up 20 assists by just spamming crosses, if it's so easy? Some on this forum make it sound like any of us can do it.

It's almost like there's a massive skill difficulty and that's why nobody else has those dribble % and assists.

It seems more like people don't like his style of play probably because of his limitations (the bulk of which is finishing), and they now tend to downplay his other glaring creative abilities which have been shown in his previous clubs (probably why we even went for him) and make it seem like anyone with pace can easily do it. They'll probably rate him more if he plays for opposition and runs Jordi alba or whatever defenders we have rugged while spamming those crosses through our defence to assist his team.

Laplacian

You talk about people here never kicking a ball in their entire lives and yet you cite Ferran Torres' "top speed" as if you have a point. In football, it's not top speed that matters it's acceleration. Torres' ability to accelerate to his highest speed is a lot lower than Dembele's.

Perhaps next time you should get your basics cleared up before you decide to use your knowledge to declare your 2 goals a season player as some rare talent.

Last edited:

vegitot

Acceleration is not top speed. Look at Messi, he doesn't have insane top speed but his acceleration, his quick burst make him untouchable. Or Ronaldinho, even slower than Messi but had acceleration and quick burst.

Traore has like best % dribble success rate in EPL history with massive number, more than the like of Hazard, Giggs, Henry, Mahrez...with just brutal speed.

And since when Dembele has 20 Laliga assists???

And you must be crazy if you think Ferran is faster than Dembele.

Last edited:

feggydinho

You talk about people here never kicking a ball in their entire lives and yet you cite Ferran Torres' "top speed" as if you have a point. In football, it's not top speed that matters it's acceleration. Torres' ability to accelerate to his highest speed is a lot lower than Dembele's.

Perhaps next time you should get your basics cleared up before you decide to use your knowledge to declare your 2 goals a season player as some rare talent.

What point are you trying to make here cause the likes of Daniel Jame, inaki Williams and many others s
with their mad acceleration don't still do what dembele does, it's never all about acceleration and you should know that if you've played the game

feggydinho

Traore has like best % dribble success rate in EPL history with massive number, more than the like of Hazard, Giggs, Henry, Mahrez...with just brutal speed.

Traore was literally a dribbling freak and it's not just about speed for him (he's got the combo of strength, pace, technique, feints, etc), I remember when he had 120 plus dribbles already around December (not even mid-season) in Barca B with over 70% accuracy, he literally just skips past players but doesn't know what to do afterward so is a walking reminder that it's not all about dribbles, cause he would've been a world-beater if he had the know-how of Pedro, Collado or even Trincao. This guy can literally skip past any player, and used to replicate Messi's kinda Getafe run of taking on 4 to 5 players on a regular even against the likes of Manchester, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc He even had 214 dribbles in 2021 for Wolves with 74.8% success rate (absurd stats) so he's in his own world and I give it to him when it comes to dribbles, but as I said, he's a walking reminder that Dribbling is not all there is to football

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans