Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL_Barca

Well could've probably returned if he just signed for 1 year at PSG and would be willing to sign for a lower salary.

Nobody forced him to sign a 2 year deal at PSG.

Messigician

?Would you like Lionel Messi to return to Bar?a??. Bar?a president Joan Laporta tells DavidIbanez5: ?Yes, of course I?d like it?.

Rassvet

"Messi is going to acquire 35% of the shares of Inter Miami and in the summer of 2023 he will join the team" (Alex Candal)

Andresito

Staff member
I think he might return after Qatar WC for 6 months after going to his retirement home in US in summer 2023 after getting a proper Camp Nou send off.

Temptation

Am I the only one who misses his chipped finishes? Young Messi used to chip goalkeepers with either foot all the time.

As he got older the chip shots dried up. Very few and rare.

Chip goals were great to watch

Last edited:

KingLeo10

As fun as it was watching him murder Boateng 1 on 1, to chip Manuel fucking Neuer with his weak foot in a CL semi is next level stuff.

Hope he goes to MLS soon and away from European stage now that he is heavily declined. For some recency bias oriented folks, his PSG level is used as some sort of indication of his career level...when he was the only alien on the football pitch I've seen from 08 to 15 (and 18/19 and parts of 16/17).

Rassvet

I wouldn't be surprised if Messi ends up at Inter Miami but a 35% ownership stake in the club sets my BS meter off (Grant Wahl)

Probably true. He says Inter Miami is valued at $600m even without a stadium. Giving a 36 year old Messi over a third of that to play for a few seasons seems too foolish.

FinBarcelonafan

I wouldn't be surprised if Messi ends up at Inter Miami but a 35% ownership stake in the club sets my BS meter off (Grant Wahl)

Probably true. He says Inter Miami is valued at $600m even without a stadium. Giving a 36 year old Messi over a third of that to play for a few seasons seems too foolish.

He would be face of the franchise after. Easily worth it.

He would raise the value of the club immediately as well.

Rassvet

He would be face of the franchise after. Easily worth it.

He would raise the value of the club immediately as well.

Not at all. There would be a lot of hype at first but that would fade after a few months and it would be a total disaster on the pitch.

It would be more like a much bigger version of the Pirlo to NYCFC transfer than the Beckham move.

Jadentheman

Miami is his 3rd home. And based on the time he's spent in it, likes it better than Argentina even :lol: He just wants to live in the United States for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans