Xavi Hernández

FinBarcelonafan

The Dani Alves psuedo Double-Pivot worked great today. But oh my, is our RW isolated.

In Xavi system we need the best fullbacks in the world. And it's probably the position (along with 9s) that is least flourishing with elite options.

Exactly. Alves adds nothing. Yesterday we made till 50-70min zero attacks from his side(stats during live game, 8 on left and 6 attack from middle and zero from the right side). If he can't provide offensively, he is useless.

Like Porque said, we need the best RBs and LBs in the world. Good example is Liverpool.

Qualities we need to be good:

Speed, acceleration, dribbling ability(not like Alba), good crosses and decent kick for scoring now and then.

And rather not weak and small like Alba. Defensively Alba is too weak but he is fast and quick enough and makes decent pass but nowadays it's not enough. He has too many weaknesses for modern day top RB/LB. Imo.

Last edited:

Porque

Zinchenko would be an excellent candidate for that pseudo interior role to be fair. Or even a midfielder converted to LB like Sergi Gomez (potentially).

But it would be nice to go more vertically and with pace with guys like Hakimi. If we can find an emerging option with potential. Eg. Vanderson.

Temptation

Will throw in a name for the Full Back role.

Tariq Lamptey. Brighton RB.

If you haven't seen him play, watch him on YouTube. You'll be impressed for sure.

The kind of targets Barca must be looking at.

FinBarcelonafan

Will throw in a name for the Full Back role.

Tariq Lamptey. Brighton RB.

If you haven't seen him play, watch him on YouTube. You'll be impressed for sure.

The kind of targets Barca must be looking at.

https://youtu.be/th8163uQbEw

In this video he burns Barca B(I think) few times. Haha.

Usual stuff. Speed merchant killing Barca defense.

Rory

Won't even rest busquets but will take off the dutch Frenkie at 60min. Won't drop Ferran but will drop the french/dutch Dembele/Depay. Will frequently play Araujo as a right back to fit in catalan Garcia at CB. Roberto given an extension despite awful injury record.

Xavi's rebuild is non-existent yet. And we can hardly say he hasn't had the funds to make changes. Kessie supposedly coming in, will he just be sat on the bench the whole time, not given chances or left out for months on end if he plays one bad game? Same for Christensen.

Temptation

it's safe to say he has a thing for Catalan dudes. Nepotism at it's finest. Busquets and Pique are gonna be starters for years. 😂😂

Horatio

You're welcome
I am giving Xavi benefit of doubt because I think he is too smart to favor players just because they are Catalan. Pique is playing because well...he has been delivering and there are no better options.
Mingueza and Puig are are getting permanently benched because he believes they are not good enough and they are Catalan. Busquets he is convinced is still the best option for the DM position and there is no proper replacement so far.

Trust the process. Once Pedri is back we need to make sure he does not get injured and hopefully Ansu will start to deliver soon enough.

Joan

Maybe not Catalan but Spanish. Agreed with the point but his targets raise suspicion. He’s a veteran and Spain oriented coach by the looks of it.

FinBarcelonafan

I am giving Xavi benefit of doubt because I think he is too smart to favor players just because they are Catalan. Pique is playing because well...he has been delivering and there are no better options.
Mingueza and Puig are are getting permanently benched because he believes they are not good enough and they are Catalan. Busquets he is convinced is still the best option for the DM position and there is no proper replacement so far.

Trust the process. Once Pedri is back we need to make sure he does not get injured and hopefully Ansu will start to deliver soon enough.

That's fair. He really has no option for Busi.

And Pique is the best or second best defenseman.

Stegen clear starter because we don't have anyone else.
Alba clear starter, no competition
Next summer will show his true colours..by all means Busi should be gone or Max bench warmer!

Messigician

My president

🗣[ @SiqueRodriguez🥇] | Bartomeu, Oscar Grau and the club?s legal adviser, Ramon Gomez, photocopied the ?222M check on Neymar and hung the picture in the office. They were happy about the sale and then they lost their heads in the transfer market.

FinBarcelonafan

My president

🗣[ @SiqueRodriguez🥇] | Bartomeu, Oscar Grau and the club?s legal adviser, Ramon Gomez, photocopied the ?222M check on Neymar and hung the picture in the office. They were happy about the sale and then they lost their heads in the transfer market.

Might as well threw it into toilet

Horatio

You're welcome
Maybe not Catalan but Spanish. Agreed with the point but his targets raise suspicion. He’s a veteran and Spain oriented coach by the looks of it.

But we have been linked with Christensen, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Kessie as well. They are not spanish.

Joan

But we have been linked with Christensen, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Kessie as well. They are not spanish.

Only Lukaku rumoured as Xavi's pick among those. Christensen and Kessie are opportunistic signings and Lewa demanded by the board.

It's all everything but certain though.

serghei

Nothing wrong in being partial to good Spanish players who know the club better than other players. We always had a big Spanish core in our most succesul sides.

Home of Barca Fans