Xavi Hernández

Gari

Fullbacks are the Achilles heel of both teams, but there's nothing to do either... the market is shit.

But Real put the bus in the box and wait for Benzema/Vinicius's chance, and Barcelona play high, easily conceding goals in counterattacks. We must play football that is as profitable as possible for our players. With a high line of attack, forwards must score 5 goals, and they cannot score even one, Busquets scores.

Messigician

People really are trying to say the market is shit

You don't know where to look

Hernandez
Cucurella
Sosa
Tsimikas

Reece James
Livramento
Porro

El Gato

Villarato!
But Real put the bus in the box and wait for Benzema/Vinicius's chance, and Barcelona play high, easily conceding goals in counterattacks. We must play football that is as profitable as possible for our players. With a high line of attack, forwards must score 5 goals, and they cannot score even one, Busquets scores.

This sounds way too reductionist
We've only ever looked like we've put bus in the box once all year, vs PSG away, and even that is a result of inability to bring ball upfield rather than the intent to sit back like Atletico

We play counterattacking and reactive football, some would argue out of necessity due to current squad shape
Many dont like it and folk wont look to outcome as justifying means for longer than this season
Probably take any trophy that comes off it

I personally wont care as would prefer it came in a duel with serious competition which spurs development rather than satisfying bare minimum

Only time it's worth replying to 'Gician is when he's being funny. His "real" opinions are consistently garbage.

I challenge you to bring up one funny Gician post

Last edited:

Bobo32

He is doing a top job, but let's not pretend Madrid aren't taking it a bit easier in the league due to their massive points advantage. Next season, Madrid will either be focused, in which case with the players they have they will again be by far favorites, or they will have one of their infamous crap seasons. They often follow a successful domestic season with a lazy one.

Been ages since Madrid won back-to-back leagues. Probably 2007 and 2008 if I remember well. And even then in 2007, we threw it away with the Tamudazo.

If by some chance Madrid fuck it up next season due to lack of focus, wasting easy points left and right, I expect us to win the league. We have to be ready to exploit any sign of weakness from our rivals. It's our only chance to grab a league title in these conditions. Waste nothing vs smaller sides, and hope Madrid aren't showing the same consistency. Because at their best, there's a gap between the teams. Madrid are better in every position nearly, bar two. De Jong will probably get through. Maybe Pedri if he gets consistent.

Otherwise, they own us. From Courtois who is miles better than Stegen, to the CBs, the fullbacks, to Vinicius and Benzema. If they sign Mbappe too, it's gonna be a monumental task to beat them for the league. Especially if we don't add a player of similar caliber (it's almost impossible, but hey, there's hoping).

I hope they sign Mbappe and Pogba, just the kind of players they don't need. Kroos, Modric and Benzema drive the team and they are all one year older for every year.

I don't think it is at all about Real Madrid though, it's not about exploiting their weaknesses. It is about winning most of your own games clearly, which is done if you build something good yourself.
Real are heading towards a 85-90p league this season, which is pretty good, but I believe 90p will be enough for Barcelona to win next year too whatever the other teams buy or do. And I believe Barcelona should seek to take 90 points, it is not unrealistic.

jamrock

We definitely winning the league next season, but money on it now.

Madrid only wins when we suck, if we are excellent, which we will be, they will get the rub of the green, they will turn draws into wins, & loses ingo draws at the death, but our brilliance will not be matched.

Rassvet

Hope that good run of form recently doesn't become his equivalent to Koeman's run from Jan-March last year.

My fears being realized now dawg. That Clasico win was Xavi's equivalent to the 6-1 over Sociedad and now the team is back down to earth after the international break.

JamDav1982

Awful set up for second game in a row.

Can trot out his latest excuse to make up for being completely outcoached.

Needs to improve big time and he and players need to take accountability and stop these fucking excuses... pitch, fans, officials, obliged to play a certain way.. when dont.

Could have lost by a fair margin as should have done v Frankfurt.

Joan

Going into the match with Luuk and Auba on the bench knowing full well Cadiz will park the bus made no sense.

Only two chances came after those guys were subbed in.

His lack of experience showing.

JamDav1982

Xavi tactics at worst the forward players are width of pitch apart.

Nothing coming rom middle of park as they pass it wide slowly and no combinations from full backs.

This game he had Ferran hugging touchling and fucking Alba more or less a playmaker trying to open game from middle of park.

Absolutely fucking terrible stuff.

El Gato

Villarato!
We definitely winning the league next season, but money on it now.

Madrid only wins when we suck, if we are excellent, which we will be, they will get the rub of the green, they will turn draws into wins, & loses ingo draws at the death, but our brilliance will not be matched.

I mean, RM haven’t lost a game since New Year before meeting Barca, despite latter mounting a good spring

ajnotkeith

Luck runs out.

You can't keep winning games with 90th minute winners, wondergoals, spamming crosses and hoping one lands.

Recently it is down to Xavi. Teams are reacting to our setup and they know our tactics now but we are not adjusting for it.

Home of Barca Fans