Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilerBam

At the end of the day, his record speaks for itself, 2 easy league titles and still league leader when sacked, none of the coaches since came even close to replicating his results, nothing his haters can do about that.

And contrary to the alternate history often represented on this board, he did not take over a team at its peak, did everyone just forget the mood around here in the summer of 2017? Everything was going downhill, then EV steadied the ship and even almost went unbeaten.

Is that so? That Barca of 2017, even without Neymar, was still miles better than this one. Setien was a mistake, but EV is not more than a mediocre coach winning titles because he still had the best player in the world and younger amigos. It is what it is. And how did this ''genius'' of a coach lost two ties by leading with 3 and 4 goals?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Is that so? That Barca of 2017, even without Neymar, was still miles better than this one. Setien was a mistake, but EV is not more than a mediocre coach winning titles because he still had the best player in the world and younger amigos. It is what it is. And how did this ''genius'' of a coach lost two ties by leading with 3 and 4 goals?

You mean Barca 16/17 without Ney > Barca 17/18 and Barca 18/19 ? Puh. I would say with Ney maybe but not without him.

Sterlingfan2000

Jamie Carragher: "I said once that Messi was not a great signing for PSG. I then got a private message on Instagram 'you are a donkey'. It was from Messi himself."

Even Messi is tired of English Pundits

Morten

No, i say the team Valverde inherited, and we will not put Neymar in it, because he left for QSG. I am saying that that team was still miles better than the teams Koeman and Xavi had.

Objectively speaking wasn't miles better than what Koeman had.

SmilerBam

Objectively speaking wasn't miles better than what Koeman had.

It s a 3 years difference. Younger amigos is the key here. If Koeman would have been coach in 2017, i think he would have had the same results. Heck, he could have won the title last year with a very shit squad and a 33/34 years old Messi who wanted out.

Morten

It s a 3 years difference. Younger amigos is the key here. If Koeman would have been coach in 2017, i think he would have had the same results. Heck, he could have won the title last year with a very shit squad and a 33/34 years old Messi who wanted out.

Valverde had Paulinho and some random Portuguese in midfield and still made it work, Koeman had FDJ, who at least is a talented player.
In attack, the difference was aging Suarez vs Griezmann, okay so Griezmann didn't fit in, but there isn't much of a quality gap here, and okay, Messi a bit older.

And if you look at the results just in Valverdes last year at the club, they are still vastly better than Koemans, and now we are talking about 1,5 year difference instead of 3, which is not that much honestly.

Valverde honestly didn't have a much better squad, if it was even better at all.

KingLeo10

Morten taking piss and stringing you guys along for a few months now lol.

His act's getting a little stale though.

He was more likeable when he was feigning meltdowns over Barcelona winning everything ever domestically while RM "only" won CLs.

Rassvet

Jamie Carragher: "I said once that Messi was not a great signing for PSG. I then got a private message on Instagram 'you are a donkey'. It was from Messi himself."

Even Messi is tired of English Pundits

WTF I was sure that was a fake quote but it’s actually true.

I didn’t realize Messi was this petty. To make it worse, he’s not even looking bothered to prove the critics wrong on the pitch the way that MJ or even CR would when angered by criticism.

Messigician

He said the same to Milner

He hates Liverpool

I wouldn't be surprised if he reads Barcaforum, he mentioned he's been learning English for a year and is always interested in what fans have to say about him

KingLeo10

Don't you say that about everyone though?

It was more believe able that you actually liked EV when you weren't bending over backwards equating the level of amigos in 2017 (who were still far and away too good domestically) to their level in 2020 when Setien and Koeman took over.

3 years is an eternity in football, especially for players who prior to 2017 had dominated since 2008 (in Messi, Pique, and Busquets' case). Compare Modric, Kroos, Casemiro in 2018 to Modric, Kroos, Casemiro in 2021 v Chelsea to see the difference.

You obviously know this without me having to tell you, but you usually get a good reaction from the EV trolling. Which is fair play, but gets a little stale when you cartwheel for a C/B-list manager 7 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans