Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

Lewa ain't gonna create as many chances as Messi. Messi created and scored for Barca.

Tru but I think the team's results would have been similar. Lewy wouldn't create like Messi but he would have been a more consistent scorer and made the team a bit more balanced with players like Griez and Dembele fitting in more easily. All in all, we would probably have ended up in a similar spot achievement wise post 2019 imo.

Jadentheman

Was 90% of the team

Forum clowns can blame Koeman, Xavi, the squad, even Bartomeu all they want

The facts are Fraudporta gave away the heart and soul of Barcelona away for free.

A Ballon Dor winner still worth 120m was given away for FUCKING FREE AFTER BARTO TOLD HIM EMERGENCY ACTION IS REQUIRED TO KEEP HIM

keep simping for that fraud

Messi was the team but that is the exact problem. Barto had years to reinforce the team to be capable without Messi. Now Messi is gone the the team is worst it?s been in 20 years. How Barca get another S or A tier superstars to lead the team if the project is mediocre? Will be a long and massive restructuring

Nazario1985

I love analysis.
And i've seen people counting how many points a player contributed to his team in every game with their goal.
So, like scoring 1 goal in a 1-1 draw is counted as 1 point contribution.
One player scoring 2 goals after 1-1 for a 3-2 win is counted as 2 points contribution.
And two players scoring at a 2-0 win is counted as 1.5 point contribution for each player.
Just like that. And of course, it's only offensive (goal) contribution, and only focus on the goal scorer, which is the easiest thing you can do.
Now i looked back to 19 la liga games from 13 Dec 2020 (win vs Levante) to 5 April 2021 (a win vs Valladolid), and here are point contribution for every player:

1. Messi 20.2 points
2. De Jong 6.5
3. Griezmann 4.75
4. Dembele 4.5
5. Alba 3.5
6. Trincao 2.2
7. Araujo 2
8. Moriba 1.5
8. Puig 1.5
10. Lenglet 1
10. Braithwaite 1
10. Dest 1
10. Pedri 1
14. Mingueza 0.75
15. Junior 0.6

Summarize it to 51 points. Same with our undefeated points during that 16 win in 19 consecutive games.

Just double the point for Messi 90% of those goals was due to him

Nazario1985

Messi was the team but that is the exact problem. Barto had years to reinforce the team to be capable without Messi. Now Messi is gone the the team is worst it?s been in 20 years. How Barca get another S or A tier superstars to lead the team if the project is mediocre? Will be a long and massive restructuring

The issue (or not an issue really)in the last 30ish years we were NEVER a good team without a super star, the bigger the star (highest was Messi) the bigger the results. and we build around them.

Now Messi era was an exception it lasted two decades and the dependence was immense, and of course the move is hard and even harder with this very very bad management as we should have gotten more result with him while he was still here and at the same time transitioning.

Nazario1985

Lewy could have carried Barca just as much over the last 18 months. Messi would have been a big downgrade from Lewy for Bayern though.

Not even in your dream this is true.

Lewy can't score without someone creating chances for him (in Germany it's a whole system).

Lewa would have finished with less than 5 goals this season with this team without Messi.

Of course Messi / Maradona / CR7 ...etc can't function in Bayern, even Pep system was dog shit for Bayern and made them loose 2-3 years for nothing.

All should?ve started after 14/15

Rakitic, mascherano , busquets , alba all should?ve been replaced & they easily would get us a lot of money after the treple ? perez would have done that

Messi just needed a good competitive team around him & he easily would have lead us to cl glory ?. What he has done in 18/19 is a miracle that only trolls haters & brainless people would ignore it

Nazario1985

Rakitic, mascherano , busquets , alba all should?ve been replaced & they easily would get us a lot of money after the treple ? perez would have done that

No one in the world would replace overnight 4-5 players from the squad who won the treble and Perez never did it !!!

That's catastrophic management.

FinBarcelonafan

Messi just needed a good competitive team around him & he easily would have lead us to cl glory ?. What he has done in 18/19 is a miracle that only trolls haters & brainless people would ignore it

True that was huge mistake. Not selling highly valued players who were past their prime. We could have collected 50-60 mil for Rakitic after the World Cup but didn't do shit and his level had already dropped quite a bit since he came to Barca. You need to see opportunities like that.

In the end, we ended up getting nothing for these players or even paying our rival to take one!!! (Suarez)

Jesus. What a shitshow.

BarcaOG

Banned
as if you lot actually think messi would have made a difference :lol: when he didnt in similar matches for years now :lol:

in fact, had messi played, i reckon lewa and bayern would have stepped up their game to avenge the bdor farce, instead of playing at 65% for most of the match

yeah, no thanks

Dark Magus

Messi carried this burden enough. From dead management to Ter Stegen and Pique disasterclasses. 10 years with Rosell and Bartomeu goddamnit.

khaled_a_d

Tru but I think the team's results would have been similar. Lewy wouldn't create like Messi but he would have been a more consistent scorer and made the team a bit more balanced with players like Griez and Dembele fitting in more easily. All in all, we would probably have ended up in a similar spot achievement wise post 2019 imo.

Doubt it, Lewa would have been better in more functional team (and disagree with [MENTION=16041]FinBarcelonafan[/MENTION] that it should carry more weight in Ballon ) but he can't carry a disfunctional mess like Messi.
This is why I stopped blaming Messi in his last couple of seasons, when we were actually a real team and he was walking around at the center of the pitch it was a problem tactically in our pursuit to be the top team, but with a bad squad his talent was carrying our ass.

bismp

as if you lot actually think messi would have made a difference :lol: when he didnt in similar matches for years now :lol:

in fact, had messi played, i reckon lewa and bayern would have stepped up their game to avenge the bdor farce, instead of playing at 65% for most of the match

yeah, no thanks

Messi would make no difference in games vs Bayern and other European heavyweights, but he would help the team beat teams like Eibar etc and we would still be competitive in La Liga.

Have fun being 7th in La Liga and soon getting knocked out in the Europa League

sickstar

in fact, had messi played, i reckon lewa and bayern would have fight back their game to avenge the bdor farce, instead of playing at 65% for most of the match

yeah, no thanks

Seriously no one talking about this bayern match. I made an analysis like what i did a few pages ago, that's exact, just like lewa's goal statistic which is exact.

Now, i just hoped i am wrong and this barca would stand up to at least finish the league at top 3 or at minimum top 4, but it is really a steep hill.

More than 50 goals in 23 match, being able to be undefeated in 19 games. It's not a coincidence last year that Barca began to step up when his play become better. Could it be the case this season with Memphis? Coutinho?

Once more, i just hoped that i'm wrong (would be gladly accept it if it's the case), but seriously i'm more on the pessimistic side.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Him leaving after a fanless season and not even having the chance to say goodbye to the supporters on Camp Nou is a sour aftertaste. Exacerbated by the fact that he was the first to go out of the five homegrown amigos/captains (Busi, Alba, Pique, and Roberto). He should have been the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans