João Laporta

JamDav1982

Laporta speaks too much.

Pep used to get pissed off with it as well.

Comes across this terms as if he has read some self help book about speaking things into existence.

iniestaGOAT

Laporta has been jinxing us lately, I am afraid. He said we would beat Real Madrid with Ansu scoring a goal and it didn't happen. Him saying us will beat Bayern is nothing but a pep talk trying to boost the morale of the players and fans. Honestly he didn't have to say that, it would have made us and him look like fools. There are other ways to motivate ourselves.

Nah its good. He should go to the dressing room and publicly embarass some of the players very soon.

Start with umtiti.

FinBarcelonafan

Reality is we are probably going to play in the EL. I know Laporta is cheer leading but he really needs to shut up. If Bayern hit us for six he will look like a complete and utter fool.

True. Especially with the bitch ass approach we had for the first game. Stfu and hope for the best.

In the end, I think we all would be proud of this team if they draw away Vs Bayern.

Barcilliant

Florentino Perez has made a fool out of Laporta. He's pretending he's on Laporta's side but reinforcing his club. On the domestic front he will turn Madrid into Bayern and we will end up like Dortmund.
We are Madrids biggest rivals in Spain and one of them in Europe. We should never have openly supported Perez super league. We should have been diplomatic on all fronts. Perez only gives a shit about Real Madrid. If Madrid end up dominating in Spain they will only have to worry about Europe. Plus Real do actually have money. Renovated the stadium and were willing to pay 200 million for Mbappe. They are just being financially prudent but they will certainly get Mbappe or Haaland. Maybe both but I don't think so.

Messigician

Florentino Perez has made a fool out of Laporta. He's pretending he's on Laporta's side but reinforcing his club. On the domestic front he will turn Madrid into Bayern and we will end up like Dortmund.
We are Madrids biggest rivals in Spain and one of them in Europe. We should never have openly supported Perez super league. We should have been diplomatic on all fronts. Perez only gives a shit about Real Madrid. If Madrid end up dominating in Spain they will only have to worry about Europe. Plus Real do actually have money. Renovated the stadium and were willing to pay 200 million for Mbappe. They are just being financially prudent but they will certainly get Mbappe or Haaland. Maybe both but I don't think so.

No shit, Tebas literally said Perez is manipulating Laporta

Barcilliant

The way we are being run and the general vibe around the club suggests we are a Sevilla not a European powerhouse. Damn shame really. Like I said Perez is Laporta's daddy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I feel your pain and I believe Laporta was definitely swayed by Florentino on the rejection of the CVC deal, but the ESL? I think he had no choice. Bartomeu wanted to do it, for the same reasons that Laporta wants to do it, economic boost and the belief to get ourselves on a level playing field with the mighty state clubs and the EPL clubs. Misguided perhaps, but Laporta didn't sign up for the ESL just to support Florentino Perez.

The state of the club today is not Laporta's fault though, it will be his if he doesn't do enough to improve and reverse the situation.

frog-fcb

Long term I don't think the cvc deal will be great for clubs it seems a very short term gain for a long time debt.
As for perez leading laporta along solely to help madrid I don't think so. Floper is smart he knows madrid needs a competitive barca and vice versa to keep the big money machines ticking along

Home of Barca Fans