Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

Do you actually believe that if City signed Messi they're expecting him to press? They will sign him for his goals and creating goals, you can't expect old Messi to force himself to work more it's the job of his teammates

Maybe that’s why City didn’t really want to sign him (or :crbust:)

KingLeo10

Maybe that’s why City didn’t really want to sign him (or :crbust:)

It's easy to praise City but we also have to keep in mind that Messi and CR7 even at their ancient ages are capable of CL moments of magic...which City sorely lack in times of most need (CL final being an example)

Both parties have their flaws at this point.

Rassvet

It's easy to praise City but we also have to keep in mind that Messi and CR7 even at their ancient ages are capable of CL moments of magic...which City sorely lack in times of most need (CL final being an example)

Both parties have their flaws at this point.

Tru. Although I think there are other players now who are as productive if not more without affecting the team structure negatively.

Raketa10

IMHO Neymar is the main problem. Messi should play behind Mbappe and Poch uses Neymar there. As a consequence Messi is isolated on the right flank. I honestly think that Messi and Mbappe would play much better without Neymar. When Neymar played for Barca he was LW but now he drifts towards the middle all of the time and that creates problem for both Messi and Neymar. Currently PSG has front 3 who are constantly entering each other's space and as a consequence they are all struggling to create chances and score goals. The way I see things is that pressing and defending is secondary problem for PSG. Much bigger problem is that MNM front line isn't creating chances as everyone expected they will. They are really struggling in attack. Poch should really try to figure that out ASAP or they will get smashed in the knockout stages of CL.

Last edited:

Messigician

IMHO Neymar is the main problem. Messi should play behind Mbappe and Poch uses Neymar there. As a consequence Messi is isolated on the right flank. I honestly think that Messi and Mbappe would play much better without Neymar. When Neymar played for Barca he was LW but now he drifts towards the middle all of the time and that creates problem for both Messi and Neymar. Currently we have front 3 who are constantly entering each other's space and as a consequence they are all struggling to create chances and score goals. The way I see things is that pressing and defending is secondary problem for PSG. Much bigger problem is that MNM front line isn't creating chances as everyone expected they will. They are really struggling in attack. Poch should really try to figure that out ASAP or they will get smashed in the knockout stages of CL.
Yeah Neymar killed our attacks in 2017

As BBZ noted

Fati_Future_BallonDor

IMHO Neymar is the main problem. Messi should play behind Mbappe and Poch uses Neymar there. As a consequence Messi is isolated on the right flank. I honestly think that Messi and Mbappe would play much better without Neymar. When Neymar played for Barca he was LW but now he drifts towards the middle all of the time and that creates problem for both Messi and Neymar. Currently we have front 3 who are constantly entering each other's space and as a consequence they are all struggling to create chances and score goals. The way I see things is that pressing and defending is secondary problem for PSG. Much bigger problem is that MNM front line isn't creating chances as everyone expected they will. They are really struggling in attack. Poch should really try to figure that out ASAP or they will get smashed in the knockout stages of CL.

trueee atm he needs to be on the bench

Yeah Neymar killed our attacks in 2017

As BBZ noted

Imo 2017 Neymar gave us still more positive than negative things :p

KingLeo10

M&m > mnm

I reckon they would be among the top 4 teams in Europe (along with Bayern, Pool, and Chelsea) with a 3-5-2 setup. Right now, they're kind of on the fringes of that group along with City.

If Messi was even his 18/19 level, they would be easily the best team in Europe :lol: Let's hope he can conjure a special 2-3 months from Feb - May. :messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans