6 - Gavi

Windhook

Another talent that the media hype starts to get into his head. Should chill out a little. We are all like having the next Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in our squad all of a sudden without much real proof.

ajnotkeith

The only game I have been impressed with his all-around game is Cadiz where I thought he did quite well winning the battles in midfield. But other than that I feel like right now he can only contribute when the team is doing very well, Nico has this problem even much more so. In tough games he doesn't have a lot to offer much like a lot of our team and it's not his fault, he is 17. A burden of being a starting midfielder has been placed on him when it really shouldn't.

Can't go through all his past games in detail in one post but for convenience I'll use sofascore:

Benfica vs Barca (60 mins sub) 6.3

Atletico start 6.6

Italy start 6.3

France start 6.4

Valencia start 6.3

Kyiv start 6.3

In most of those games he had the worst rating in the team, in fact he has had the worst rating on his team for 4 games in a row now. Attempting 12 duels today and only winning 2. He is being rushed.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Definitely not a good game.

He might be playing too much for now. Give him time.

I think he would be mostly sub, if Pedri was in though.

behindbrowneyes

It's not his fault he is starting so much. He is still a better option than Roberto and he'll have less minutes once Pedri is fit. Being a sub and starting a game here and there will be better for his development. He is just 17 and needs time. It's not that Pedri and Ansu always have a good game. It's natural for young guys. Hell, even our experienced players don't have only good games.

ajnotkeith

It's not his fault he is starting so much. He is still a better option than Roberto and he'll have less minutes once Pedri is fit. Being a sub and starting a game here and there will be better for his development. He is just 17 and needs time. It's not that Pedri and Ansu always have a good game. It's natural for young guys. Hell, even our experienced players don't have only good games.

And he really tries, I like that a lot. He is trying to contribute in any way possible and run as much as possible to help his team so at least he is giving something. But like I said some weeks ago starting him so much at this point in his development will only build bad habits and mold him negatively.

Zidane82

The only game I have been impressed with his all-around game is Cadiz where I thought he did quite well winning the battles in midfield. But other than that I feel like right now he can only contribute when the team is doing very well, Nico has this problem even much more so. In tough games he doesn't have a lot to offer much like a lot of our team and it's not his fault, he is 17. A burden of being a starting midfielder has been placed on him when it really shouldn't.

Can't go through all his past games in detail in one post but for convenience I'll use sofascore:

Benfica vs Barca (60 mins sub) 6.3

Atletico start 6.6

Italy start 6.3

France start 6.4

Valencia start 6.3

Kyiv start 6.3

In most of those games he had the worst rating in the team, in fact he has had the worst rating on his team for 4 games in a row now. Attempting 12 duels today and only winning 2. He is being rushed.
He was brilliant for Spain in his recent debut

Zidane82

And he really tries, I like that a lot. He is trying to contribute in any way possible and run as much as possible to help his team so at least he is giving something. But like I said some weeks ago starting him so much at this point in his development will only build bad habits and mold him negatively.

He can be a 70 minute sub for Pedri soon

Porque

Question is, will Koeman opt for Gavi in the Clasico or put Roberto in the midfield? Roberto hasn't exactly been bad this season.

ajnotkeith

Question is, will Koeman opt for Gavi in the Clasico or put Roberto in the midfield? Roberto hasn't exactly been bad this season.

Gavi has started quite a few games already for a 17 year old. I assume he's pretty tired especially consider the way he plays, and he has also put in a few bad performances now after the good ones against Granada and Cadiz. I'd expect to see Roberto who's more fresh, although Koeman isn't afraid to start the kids in important games (Gavi and Nico against Atletico).

I'd go like this :

-----MATS-----
Mingueza-Pique-Garcia-Alba
Roberto-Busi-FDJ
Dest-Depay-Fati

Coutinho and Aguero off the bench should help if we are struggling in attack

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If Koeman starts Roberto over Gavi he should be sacked on the spot.

Roberto was far worse than Gavi yesterday. Could barely find his way on the ball and made team worse.

It will be Gavi, FDJ and Busquets and team will struggle but that doesnt then mean Roberto was better choice.

ajnotkeith

If Koeman starts Roberto over Gavi he should be sacked on the spot.

Roberto was far worse than Gavi yesterday. Could barely find his way on the ball and made team worse.

It will be Gavi, FDJ and Busquets and team will struggle but that doesnt then mean Roberto was better choice.

Gavi has put in a lot of hard minutes now already. It's been a tough week and he may not be able to do 3 full intensity games like that, it's Koeman's choice because he sees their condition but just saying it is a lot of strain to put on a teenager.

JamDav1982

Gavi has put in a lot of hard minutes now already. It's been a tough week and he may not be able to do 3 full intensity games like that, it's Koeman's choice because he sees their condition but just saying it is a lot of strain to put on a teenager.

Gavi has played x2 70 mins games a week after he last played for Spain when didnt play the 90 either. While doubt he plays 90mins if starts v Real.

He may not play well but folk get obsessed with players being tired and minutes played and over state it to often.

vegitot

Gavi's style now demands a lot of stamina. He lacks of technical ability, experience so he tries to run as much as possible. Koeman will continue to use him in Clasico and it probably will be another average performance. It's normal.

Btw, seem like media don't talk much about him in last two games.

Zidane82

Gavi's style now demands a lot of stamina. He lacks of technical ability, experience so he tries to run as much as possible. Koeman will continue to use him in Clasico and it probably will be another average performance. It's normal.

Btw, seem like media don't talk much about him in last two games.

I think he is quite a technical player to be honest .. he has a great first touch and awareness and does some lovely weighted through balls .. plus he is two footed

Home of Barca Fans