Spain

El Gato

Villarato!
Diaz does look decent but who would he be ahead of now in the squad?

Lopetegui did not get sacked for fear of favouritism.

Yes he did.
Got sacked because he took the job without telling folk and it got announced without them knowing, leading to them getting worried it'd lead to something else ergo favouritism. Without any actually occurring.

Diaz is more than decent. Deserved a call over any of the forwards who participated in the Euro and scored nada.

JamDav1982

Yes he did.
Got sacked because he took the job without telling folk and it got announced without them knowing, leading to them getting worried it'd lead to something else ergo favouritism. Without any actually occurring.

Diaz is more than decent. Deserved a call over any of the forwards who participated in the Euro and scored nada.

He got sacked because the head of Federation didnt accept him agreeing deal with Real when he was not aware of it and on eve of tournament when the mantra had been 'Spain national team comes before Barca/Real'.

The Real players knowing when others didnt fed into idea that squad was treated differently in knowing before hand but not that there were fears of favouritism from there. More in way any decision would be scrutinised.

The biggest reason he was sacked was negotiating with Real on eve of tournament and it being secret from some of Spain camp.. players and officials.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yup and it never mattered as much as people are trying to make out.
Only got sacked because he told some not others, and folk scared he'd play some over others for same reasons.
Ridiculous.

Now we have ridiculous calls like Gavi ahead of Brahim or Fabian Ruiz where Napoli are leading table.

JamDav1982

Yup and it never mattered as much as people are trying to make out.
Only got sacked because he told some not others, and folk scared he'd play some over others for same reasons.
Ridiculous.

Now we have ridiculous calls like Gavi ahead of Brahim or Fabian Ruiz where Napoli are leading table.

Nope.. major reason he was sacked was some in Federation only finding out minutes before announced and deal being negotiated when full focus should have been on Spain where mantra was it came before Real/Barca.

Potential for favouritism was not even close to main reason.

Gari

Lucho addressing the press
"I don't read you because I think I know more about football than most and because I've got more information than you. There's no opinion that I'm interested in reading. I haven't heard the criticism because I don't read you or listen to you."

Messigician

"I don't read you because I think I know more about football than most and because I've got more information than you. There's no opinion that I'm interested in reading. I haven't heard the criticism because I don't read you or listen to you."

He learned from the master

" criticism? It doesn't bother me because I do not read it."
-Ernesto Valverde

Rassvet

so much arrogance for a coach so mediocre

Bobo32

Arrogance is thinking you can judge a coach from your couch.
Of course I do, at least with the obvious ones (Pep is very good, Koeman is very bad) but Enrique just came from playing the best football of the euros and also reaching SF which is well enough, and he did so while making quite a few decisions that looked strange from the outside. It is tough to say that he is mediocre.

I think this quote is brilliant: he has much more information, and at least compared to most his knowledge is also superior. We can all have our opinions, but why should he consider them? It will only risk to obscure his own vision.

Bobo32

Fucking Busi again? Rodri is having his best season yet at City... what a joke.

I am pretty sure that with Rodri, Italy would be able to keep dominating Spain with their pressure, it would've been enough tonight.
He's a joy to watch tonight, especially his connection to Gavi

Home of Barca Fans