CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

Gaudi

2 first tweets currently on barcacentre: we run 15km less than them and Sergi Roberto cried. This really sums up everything.

Porque

The problems are completely with the senior team.

By comparison the Barcelona u19 completely dominated the Bayern Munich u19 earlier in the day (even before the red card).

The Bayern team were also a year/2 older on average.

soul24rage

3 home losses and everytime lost with a goal difference of 3 ! Coincidence?

Koeman will be asking for respect now :koeman:

BFFE3934-980B-417B-B76A-9788D1AF32C4.jpeg

SABANS

Don't panic fellas. We don't have a team for the CL. At the moment our president and board members are working on getting out of the financial hole and so far, they are doing excellent job. It is obvious that we have too many players who are not at the level we need them. Even that kid Pedri is in my opinion a little bit over-rated. If he can not show his true abilities in a game like today, then when? Technically, we have just few players that are performing at a high level. I will name then one by one. They are Ter Stegen, Araujo, F. de Jong and Depay. The rest of the team is under-performing and our coach can not motivate them. The line-up was the best he could compose with the players we have. The substitutions, also. He could use Puig in the second half, but I guess he won't never do that. Koeman is mad on Riqui, because he refused to leave the team.

We have decent team. We had decent players that went on loan and got sold. They got replaced with same (questionable quality). Coach is crap. He doesnt know how to use what he has, he is showing his frustration by talking shit to players and keeping them wondering half the time whats going on. How you going to motivate team when half of the players say he doesnt even talk to them? How are you expeting other good players to join when they know how hardheaded is our coach? With new coach that has right mentality, this team can be very good...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Those numbers are wrong in the official website. No way bayern ran 125 km collectively. That's not realistic. On the same website they had villareat yesterday at 59 km. Lol

Man, you are just wrong. Come on, it is simple maths. 59 km covered would mean that the 10 players ran 5,9 km on average, and that is excluding the goalkeeper. Even Messi had at least 7 km covered in every game. It is most likely that the figure you got is simply wrong or was for the first half of the game only. The usual distance covered is about 10-11.5 km for every outfield player per 90 minutes in a given game.

Bayern's game is very demanding, but they are athletically well-prepared, so they can run more. Let's say Neuer ran 6 km yesterday, which leaves us with 118,7 km for the 10 players per 90 minutes. 11,8 km on average is not a stretch.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Bayern's game is very demanding, but they are athletically well-prepared, so they can run more. Let's say Neuer ran 6 km yesterday, which leaves us with 118,7 km for the 10 players per 90 minutes. 11,8 km on average is not a stretch.

It is a stretch
I don't really remember a team covering more than 120KM.
If anything, if we ran 110km, that denies the theory our team doesn't run, it is very solid number

khaled_a_d

I remember back in 2013 Milan was a mixture of has beens and under average youth like Niang and El Shaarway. Their fans were bullish about their future due to a smattering of good performances their young players put in from time to time against average opponents. Its hard to see the difference between us and them now.

Milan owners stopped to invest in the team for years, they could have built something solid at that time if they even cared

It is a stretch
I don't really remember a team covering more than 120KM.
If anything, if we ran 110km, that denies the theory our team doesn't run, it is very solid number

In the Bundesliga Bayern covered 471.3 km in 4 matches - that is an average of 117 km per match.

The distance covered of the Bundesliga clubs in the first 4 matches: https://www.bundesliga.com/de/bundesliga/statistiken/clubs/laufdistanz

But Bayern does not just lead in the run distance but in the intensive (fast) runs, too - and I think that the difference between Barcelona and Bayern would even be bigger in that aspect: https://www.bundesliga.com/de/bundesliga/statistiken/clubs/intensive-laeufe

Home of Barca Fans