F1

Windhook

It's speculated that it's Dr. Helmut Marko who more or less blackballed Gasly from getting promoted again.

This is wrong, clearly Gasly is more constant in finishing than Perez, but Red Bull somehow believe that Pierre cannot make the big jump mentally into a bigger team. Gasly is on fire, but the problem is he has contract until 2023 with Red Bull. If he keeps up this level it would be a very problematic next year in teams hierarchy as the guy would want to move on, if not promoted.

fergus90

Could be a pivotal day in the championship today after Hamilton?s stinker in the F1 sprint. Gonna be tough for him to pass those 2 McClarens

Hardy

Doubt it, but it did play a big role in him not getting hurt there. The wheel would've scraped his head but the helmet would've done its job.

I don't know exactly how much weight has a F1 tire but I guess it's enough to break the neck in a case like this

165638852-928006f3-02b9-4d4b-97b8-bde23f4589e5.jpg.41132346792ad4b701ce91345ff46daf.jpg

FCBfan22

Speaking of the incident, IMO, it was a racing incident the more I look at it. Both at fault. Max could've backed out and drove across the chicane and Lewis shouldn't have squeezed him. So, they should both get penalties or noone of them.

serghei

I don't know exactly how much weight has a F1 tire but I guess it's enough to break the neck in a case like this

165638852-928006f3-02b9-4d4b-97b8-bde23f4589e5.jpg.41132346792ad4b701ce91345ff46daf.jpg

Except there was forward movement on the tire, so only a fraction of its weight is pushed down. It's more of a scraping movement. The helmet does the job imo. Some of the weight of the tire hit the portion behind the head of the driver as well.

The halo is great, but I see "oh without the halo he would be dead" thing so often as if people died in F1 prior to the halo introduction every several months.

Laplacian

Max squeezed several cars this weekend, and they all backed out to avoid a crash, including Hamilton. In fact it happened in lap 1 and Hamilton backed out. He never gives anyone space and expects them to back out, and whenever he doesn't have any space he always expects them to blink first and give him space. Quite simply speaking Max is reckless and is a worse wheel to wheel driver than Hamilton and other experienced drivers, because he expects everyone to back off and give him space. He's been causing wheel to wheel crashes like these for years now. Leclerc has a similar issue too. Max's fault, imo.

Home of Barca Fans