Olympics 2020 (U23)

khaled_a_d

Dani Alves vs Egypt.

He owned our best player, although part of that due to him being isolated to receive long balls with no help, but great job by Alves.
Our team has done its job result wise, we were in difficult group with Spain and Argentina (Australia is very solid team too) and were beaten by a single goal from Brazil.
But performance left a lot to be desired tbh. It was Egypt typical super defensive performance

Horatio

You're welcome
He owned our best player, although part of that due to him being isolated to receive long balls with no help, but great job by Alves.
Our team has done its job result wise, we were in difficult group with Spain and Argentina (Australia is very solid team too) and were beaten by a single goal from Brazil.
But performance left a lot to be desired tbh. It was Egypt typical super defensive performance

I thought I was watching it live. Didn't think we would see repeats of games at Olympics. Game has long been over.
Sorry to hear Egypt lost.

Porque

Been so busy lately that Messi983 has basically become my newsbot.

2 words and I instantly knew USA lost. :lol:

Legend

Messi983

Like Canada but hope Sweden will win the final.

Also, Rolfo will be a great signing for FCB Femeni.

Bobo32

Brazil won on penalties and will face Spain or Japan in the final.
Just got into that semfinal, it's 0-0 after the first half. Pedri played a very nice high Busquets-like pass to the chest of someone in front of the opposition defence, and after Japan won the ball and countered he pressed quite energetically all the way back to the touchline. A nice sequence, but I don't know how he, or Spain as a whole, played in the first half overall.

Bobo32

A bit of a tough call for the ref there - first blowing and awarding the penal for Spain when Rafa Mir still had control of the ball with a clear chance, later checking VAR and taking the pen and the yellow card back.

The japanese defender was first on the ball, but he later chopped the legs of the spanish player like a scissor, these kinds of situations are always tough, because you aren't free to do whatever just because you hit the ball first.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A bit of a tough call for the ref there - first blowing and awarding the penal for Spain when Rafa Mir still had control of the ball with a clear chance, later checking VAR and taking the pen and the yellow card back.

The japanese defender was first on the ball, but he later chopped the legs of the spanish player like a scissor, these kinds of situations are always tough, because you aren't free to do whatever just because you hit the ball first.

Didn't even look a penalty on first glance, would've been unfair to call it - fortunately VAR overturned it

Spain have been poor and the subs have been bizarre. Really poor in that final third with many showing a poor touch apart from the Barca kids & Merino before he was subbed off. Asensio's cameo was a joke

Bobo32

Didn't even look a penalty on first glance, would've been unfair to call it - fortunately VAR overturned it

Spain have been poor and the subs have been bizarre. Really poor in that final third with many showing a poor touch apart from the Barca kids & Merino before he was subbed off. Asensio's cameo was a joke

Yeah, didn't strike me as a penalty when it happened either. Here was a case where the ref should've waited, and then let VAR step in later if it was indeed a clear penalty (instead of these silly situations where linesmen wait to raise the flag for 5m offsides)
Instead, VAR showed the isolated situation, where it was clear that the japanese made a clean tackle first. Strange that Japan should get the ball then, when the whistle came with Mir almost having an open goal...

Home of Barca Fans