2021 Preseason

Andresito

Staff member
Players who played the 2nd half excluding Memphis are still on the pitch doing some extra running with the coaches.

I thought physical preparation was overrated?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
BTW Igor Gomes and Ndiaye, both CBs naturally, had 2 decent games at fullback. Gomes looks too limited technically but they could become good players.

Bobo32

Haven't seen the 2nd half (driving from the beach :boss:)... What was it?

First half players got 60min this time, so changes came then and Grisman, Pjanic et al arrived.
It will always be a bit chaotic with a lot of changes, but I think it was more so because of the players arriving. Gavi played well, someone said Pjanic played like Xavi lol but he was pretty shit. Griezmann looked a bit better than usual today. Depay tried a lot of things, failed a lot of the time, but looked pretty ok this game overall.
de Jong looked great.

JamDav1982

Pjanic was levels above Puig.

If anyone was shit it was him.

Headless chicken performance in full flow from Rique and chose wrong option time and again.

JerseyAddict

First half players got 60min this time, so changes came then and Grisman, Pjanic et al arrived.
It will always be a bit chaotic with a lot of changes, but I think it was more so because of the players arriving. Gavi played well, someone said Pjanic played like Xavi lol but he was pretty shit. Griezmann looked a bit better than usual today. Depay tried a lot of things, failed a lot of the time, but looked pretty ok this game overall.
de Jong looked great.

Pjanic like Xavi LooooL... Sales management couldn't describe it better

So Griezz played? Whas henay good? I hope he played for the last time.

Memphis was my concern? I see he scored a pen.
So he was involved? Good linking with others or just solo performance?

vegitot

de Jong looked great.

Mavericky can play for another 100 years and will never hit the ball as good as Pjanic's free kick.

vegitot

Pjanic plays well. So does Depay.

Bobo32

Yeah I thought Greasy looked better than usual, but he wasn't great or very involved. I too hope he leaves very soon.

Depay did some linking, mostly through 'playing on his own' - he got the ball and looked for the 1-2 or decisive ball most of the time. He looked energetic and "confident" and was pretty involved but made quite a few errors. He was physically and maybe technically very superior to the opponent. Positionally, he played like as he had a 'free role' almost.
I have been very negative towards signing him, and I am not any less negative after today, but I must say his game today was decent overall.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gavi, Collado & Balde are good enough to contribute to the 1st team this season

Demir will be an asset and most certainly will have his purchase option exercised by Laporta et al

Messi983

Decent lineup.

I think Mortimer is better than Peque but not as good as the other Peque. Oh, and Pique starts in defence. :coffee:

Yeah, don't know why he wasn't given a chance.

Pique can barely move his legs when ball is in and around him.

Joke he is still at club.

It was also against Stuani who is actually a few months older than him. I bet he'll look great against younger, faster and more agile forwards. :lol:

Lenglet captain now :crbust:

Still better than Alba being captain in Euro. :lol:

SABANS

de Jong looked great.

For some reason you are disliking Pjanic, and you are not being objective....he played better than Puig...and he played decent game...

Horatio

You're welcome
For some reason you are disliking Pjanic, and you are not being objective....he played better than Puig...and he played decent game...

I agree he did. But we have to consider the context. Pre-seaon Girona. Even Roberto looked much better than usual.
I am not opposed to Pjanic staying though. He had a hair transplant so he might feel more comfortable coming season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans