Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

That only stops clubs from registering new players. Messi could have stayed and been registered had he signed before June 30th.

I don't think so Tebes said otherwise

"Barcelona have exceeded their wage cap," Tebas said on Monday. "I hope they can keep Messi, but to do so, they will have to make cuts elsewhere."

mc_lovin

Depay can be registered now actually. All 3 new signings earn less than quarter of Messi salary alone, so we can register them.
It is the fact that we can't register them + Messi.

I don't think Messi's old salary and contract counts as reduction for the La Liga regulations. They differentiate between contracts ending and players leaving by transfers/swaps etc pp. Hence the problem with renewing Messi vs re-signing him (former would have been okay, even for his old salary, and the latter not).

Prodi

I don't think Messi's old salary and contract counts as reduction for the La Liga regulations. They differentiate between contracts ending and players leaving by transfers/swaps etc pp. Hence the problem with renewing Messi vs re-signing him (former would have been okay, even for his old salary, and the latter not).

Yeah, it doesnt count. So far we have released about 15-20M of wage bill with Firpo, Todibo, Ale?a, Akieme, Konrad, Trincao, etc. Peanuts.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That only stops clubs from registering new players. Messi could have stayed and been registered had he signed before June 30th.

Maybe he didn't agree to the deal offered by the club until recently, or maybe he still hasn't agreed to the proposed cuts.

khaled_a_d

Tebas said wage it is all about money saved, so I think there is room for interpretation here.
You might be right, but I think it is very doubtful.
I think all mentioned wage bills is compared to last year, so it should be considered savings.

If we are above the wage cap again this year we're fucked for next season. We will once again be under the rule of spending 25% of what we sell, and they would lower our w wage cap again from 200-160M ​​this year to even less. So no signings for next season spending money.

AFAIK that is only true if we had financial losses.
The rules are there to protect clubs from losses, so the soft cap is there for that protection.
It is already said that if you can get extra money, even from your own owner, you can increase your spending.
We won't be breaking any rule if we are over the cap using the league legalized exceptions, and we won't be having any problems again if we end the next year with profits.
I think it is pretty clear with fans back in the stadium, the club is betting on that. We will have a wage bill based on last year finances, but we will have a more normal income

Yeah, it doesnt count. So far we have released about 15-20M of wage bill with Firpo, Todibo, Ale?a, Akieme, Konrad, Trincao, etc. Peanuts.

Todibo, Akieme and Konrad weren't registered last year. They are part of the income from transfers but not from wages.
liga has no authority over B team spendings

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Maybe he didn't agree to the deal offered by the club until recently, or maybe he still hasn't agreed to the proposed cuts.

We also had the audit for months tbh. Messi deal was always going to be the biggest deal there.
We needed to know the situation of the club before making an offer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine the reaction from Barca fans if Griezmann refuses to leave and Messi is forced to join City/PSG

Barto might be safer in prison

Not really Griezmann's fault either tbh. It's understandable why he want to remain in Spain and re-join Atletico. He's lived almost his entire life in Spain and probably want some familiarity, not to forget his wife never wanted to leave Madrid to begin with :lol:

Drag Alba's name through the mud if he refuses a paycut though.

Home of Barca Fans