Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

Joan Laporta, on Leo?s renewal: ?Messi said that he wants to continue & we are progressing in the negotiations involved. We want him to continue for many more years. It is a wish we all have. We want him to keep playing with hugely talented footballers like Memphis? #Transfers 🇦🇷

Laporta: ?In due time, you will know the news that we are all waiting for. I can?t go into the details of the negotiations, but I can only say that it is progressing well. Leo is enjoying a well-deserved vacation, and he has a team here working on the renewal? #Transfers 🇦🇷

Stunning!

Rassvet

Joan Laporta, on Leo?s renewal: ?Messi said that he wants to continue & we are progressing in the negotiations involved. We want him to continue for many more years. It is a wish we all have. We want him to keep playing with hugely talented footballers like Memphis? #Transfers ����

Laporta: ?In due time, you will know the news that we are all waiting for. I can?t go into the details of the negotiations, but I can only say that it is progressing well. Leo is enjoying a well-deserved vacation, and he has a team here working on the renewal? #Transfers ����

Stunning!

Tier 1 sources have claimed for the past month it is a done deal, but now they are still "progressing" and "working" on it :lol:

Leong157

Depay can be registered now actually. All 3 new signings earn less than quarter of Messi salary alone, so we can register them.
It is the fact that we can't register them + Messi.

I see.

So it means that with Messi we are over the wage cap.
But without Messi, even if we includes 3 new players we are still under wage cap?

Am I understand it correctly?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think at this point it is about Messi's decision to renew or not, it is about how we can finagle, if you will, his wages into our salary mass that will somehow meet La Liga's salary limit. Unless a way is figured out to do that, Messi can say yes but we still can't renew him.

khaled_a_d

I see.

So it means that with Messi we are over the wage cap.
But without Messi, even if we includes 3 new players we are still under wage cap?

Am I understand it correctly?

The wage cap is irrelevant in our case, we will be over it regardless.
The cap is simply a soft cap, we will operate with the "exceptions" within the rules.
The exception is that we can spend 25% of the reductions.
Messi salary is huge salary reduction that it can compensate all 4 players if he just leaves, but his new contract will be counted as a new deal.
This is where all the mess is about. Because Messi is reducing only 50%,so we need to reduce even more with him to compensate for that

Leong157

The cap is simply a soft cap, we will operate with the "exceptions" within the rules.
Messi salary is huge salary reduction that it can compensate all 4 players if he just leaves, but his new contract will be counted as a new deal.
This is where all the mess is about. Because Messi is reducing only 50%,so we need to reduce even more with him to compensate for that

Thanks for the explanation.

So, the fact that we have let Messi contract run out become the huge problem

Rassvet

Has nobody stopped to ask why they didn't extend him before his contract expired if the issue holding this up is not being able to register him as a new player?

Prodi

If we are above the wage cap again this year we're fucked for next season. We will once again be under the rule of spending 25% of what we sell, and they would lower our w wage cap again from 200-160M ​​this year to even less. So no signings for next season spending money.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans