Christian Eriksen

Jadentheman

For years he was one of the craziest runners in the world.

I am not an expert, but that sounds like a possible cause.

About your example with a panic attack, during a panic attack a heart beats fast but in a regular way.
Arrhythmias are random, though.
Majority are benign, but some kills you in 10 seconds due to a random mistake in electrical pulses.

Imo, a huge strain on the heart is also causing random electrical mistakes and arrhythmias.

Also, imo, some players will cover their benign arrhythmias because once it gets public, no top club will hire you anymore.

And then there are random drugs which players get which can't get recognized on tests.
Juve players were accused of a too fast muscle growth in 90s.
Barca were accused of similar things etc.

Some people here don't want to take covid vaccine.
Yet footballers are putting millions of similar drugs in them every week to have more oxygen/specific blood cells/minerals etc.

I always wondered what the status of PED use is in this sport. Football isn't really mentioned in respect to those who would use and abuse. Only Messi in recent memory, Pep's Barca, and (to an extent) early 10s Germany had accusations.

Really this sport would be ripe for players to abuse for athletic and even cognitive/mental boosts.

Joan

Will he be able to play again? I know that in Italy it's legally not possible, but there are certainly other countires where he could continue with his career. If he's fit to do so.

Hope he's feeling better now.

JohnN

Playing professional football with a pacemaker doesn't sound like a good idea. I wouldn't risk my life like this and I am sure Eriksen won't either.

Andresito

Staff member
There is of course the health issues which alone should be enough to keep him off the pitch.

If we hypothetically disregard that, I doubt he'll be able to overcome the mental barrier of getting fatigued.
Like when you pull a hamstring or quad and despite it being healed on paper it takes a long period of time before your body subconsciously dares to maximize its functionality. It's the same with Eriksen but probably 10x worse. So his level on the pitch will be far far below his usual level.

Messi983

E5dRKbzXMAAD2UA

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1411686250977898503

El Flaco

Playing professional football with a pacemaker doesn't sound like a good idea. I wouldn't risk my life like this and I am sure Eriksen won't either.

Daley Blind has an ICD (not the same as pacemaker) like Eriksen & he's doing fine.

I don't blame Eriksen a bit if he wants to continue earn millions of euro per year. He is only 29 years old and still has many years left in his career.

Jadentheman

I would imagine Inter Milan is consulting with their medical team as well as their insurance company.

There is of course the health issues which alone should be enough to keep him off the pitch.

If we hypothetically disregard that, I doubt he'll be able to overcome the mental barrier of getting fatigued.
Like when you pull a hamstring or quad and despite it being healed on paper it takes a long period of time before your body subconsciously dares to maximize its functionality. It's the same with Eriksen but probably 10x worse. So his level on the pitch will be far far below his usual level.

Yeah that is so. Also I imagine it will be awkward for everyone when he steps back on the pitch.

JohnN

Daley Blind has an ICD (not the same as pacemaker) like Eriksen & he's doing fine.

I don't blame Eriksen a bit if he wants to continue earn millions of euro per year. He is only 29 years old and still has many years left in his career.

I would be too scared to continue but if he really needs it, no one would stop him. Except regulations I guess.

raskolnikov

Still would be scary as hell to play again. Constantly worrying something might happen.
He is already a multi millionaire right. There is mord in life than football.
Which is basically the most important thing of the most unimportant things in life.

MTL_Barca

Being a high level athlete requires a lot of dedication, so i think many would try to keep going even with serious risks involved.

...well, besides the players enjoying their highly payed vacation in Barcelona of course :lol:

Last edited:

xxxxxx

I'm pretty certain Inter will fulfil his contract if he does stop playing. Or they might give him some compensation if he does decide to retire.

Home of Barca Fans