Mavericky Puig

Bobo32

1) You have not provided any reason for your claim.
I said specifically that he tries always to move from left to right. That makes him predictable

2) Let's say all you say about how one-touch pass works is correct.
Why isn't Puig passing more in one-touch way, and instead always consumes a certain amount of time on the ball?
We already have Messi who holds up the ball as much as he wants, even against the needs of the play unfolding in front of him.
Do we need more?

And then I can add more.
3) Another flaw is that is good at retaining possession and not at moving purposefully into certain spaces.
At the end of each time he has the ball on his feet, he can't get dispossessed, but the opponents can contain him in spaces where he is harmless.

It's funny that this forum was tearing apart Arthur for being good only in retaining possession and doing nothing more than that.
And now Puig is kind of similar in what he does most of the time is the exact same thing

And Messi tries to go from where he recieves the ball to where he can put it into the net, predictable...
Puig plays LCM and is right footed, so he sometimes move that way, but he is often unpredictable, not that that's good/bad. Xavi was very predictable and very good.
He plays one-touch when it's the best thing to do, most often. It's mostly decided on the pass he recieves and how his team-mates move, but if you look you see him positioned in order to be able to get out with one touch when needed.

If you didn't notice, I am not this forum, this forum seem to mostly think I am a troll, and few argue in favour of Puig since I arrived. Arthur was good and Puig is good, in different ways.

Birdy

And Messi tries to go from where he recieves the ball to where he can put it into the net, predictable...
Puig plays LCM and is right footed, so he sometimes move that way, but he is often unpredictable, not that that's good/bad. Xavi was very predictable and very good.
He plays one-touch when it's the best thing to do, most often. It's mostly decided on the pass he recieves and how his team-mates move, but if you look you see him positioned in order to be able to get out with one touch when needed.

If you didn't notice, I am not this forum, this forum seem to mostly think I am a troll, and few argue in favour of Puig since I arrived. Arthur was good and Puig is good, in different ways.

But Messi does not move from right to left into harmless areas, on the contrary he moves into the most harmful for the opposition areas on the pitch.

Xavi was not predictable at all. He couldn't dribble much, but you didn't know neither where he is gonna move next nor where he is gonna pass next
Iniesta the same, plus that Iniesta could glide with the ball wherever he wanted to, something that Puig can't.

Puig doesn't have it easy in him to move from right to left at all, which occurs only in some right footed players not all of them.
Look at what I wrote in 3)
He does not choose where he wants to move with the ball, he is rather forced with the ball into the areas the opposition allow him to be (by blocking other avenues).
Compare that to Iniesta, who could glide his way wherever he wanted to be

Bobo32

I didn't really like this article, his language a bit over the top and some of his conclusions and comparisons being a bit shallow or wrong in my opinion. But I agree with these quotes and I'll link it for you:
Without the ball, Riqui still stands out for his ever-proactive approach to matches. Averaging 25 pressures per game, the La Masia graduate is nothing short of a pressing monster. His explosiveness and exuberant attitude towards this phase of play make him a force well worth reckoning, despite his physical stature.

In terms of game reading ability, the academy graduate is at a level of his own. With his speed of thought, intricate passing and exceptional positioning, he makes the most out of the bleakest of situations. Circumstances where others would struggle are briskly turned into opportunities to flourish. Barcelona?s possession-oriented brand of football requires space interpreters capable of lacerating opposition defences to create numerical and positional superiorities on the ball. Riqui is and always has been a risk-taker, but a calculated one nonetheless.

https://barcauniversal.com/barcelona-season-review-2020-21-riqui-puig/

vegitot

De jong and pedri have basically booked their place for the next 5 years. Here's hoping he becomes a solid role player

Busquest still stays here and someone like Nico...can make their appearance. Then new midfielders from summer transfer. He will get zero playing time.

CatalinR10

I think its hilarious u guys talking shit about Puig. U wouldn't say some shit to him face to face after a game , he might be short but he's jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Some of you are pathetic.

Joan

I think its hilarious u guys talking shit about Puig. U wouldn't say some shit to him face to face after a game , he might be short but he's jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Some of you are pathetic.

You pay attention to such things?

BerkeleyBernie

Bernie iirc is from Usa, talked mostly about Barca and Pep's era, favorite player: Pedro.

:wave: Actually, he's not. It's Xavi, followed by Iniesta, followed by Busquets. I just thought Pedro was underrated, especially once Neymar arrived and started dwelling on the ball, bringing all play down the left side to a screeching halt and killing much of Iniesta's creative potential.

Carry on. :cheers:

Bobo32

:wave: Actually, he's not. It's Xavi, followed by Iniesta, followed by Busquets. I just thought Pedro was underrated, especially once Neymar arrived and started dwelling on the ball, bringing all play down the left side to a screeching halt and killing much of Iniesta's creative potential.

Carry on. :cheers:

My favourite midfield Barcelona player is Busquets, followed by Deco, then maybe Xavi, and after that, in terms of style, maybe Puig! I like Iniesta very much too, but he was very frustrating for the last years, playing with too high of an error percentage. Thiago is there as well, what a player! A shame they don't seem to bring him back to create another GOAT midfield in Busi-Thiago-Puig! (Pedri plays as inside winger)

Pedro is both underrated and overrated I feel.
What can be said is he was good enough to win every trophy available. I always liked him, and preferred him to Neymar f.e playing for Barcelona, but to compare him with Neymar is very tough to do...

Richard.H

:umtitol:

Home of Barca Fans