Most Overrated Player In Recent Memory

BBZ8800

Any talented youngster in the world in the last 10 years.

Internet/social media/hype era made such a mess.

fergus90

La Masia kids are overrated amongst some Barca fans but in the general footballing world not an awful amount of noise about them.

In general, I'd say Pogba around the time of his move back to United, pretty much every club wanted him.

Zidane82

Pedri. He has become a starting midfielder of Barca and Spain. I've no idea on what merit. He is slow as fuck, Can't finish easiest of goals, Doesn't have vision to assist, Can't dribble. Can only do side ways passing and keep possession which has become outdated in modern football. I truly believe he is the next Arthur. Gets a pass for his awful performances because he is 18.

You should try actually watching some actual matches rather than messing around on FIFA 22 or whatever

Zidane82

I'll go first, Thiago... Always hyped as the best midfielder in the world. Never saw it... he lacks the consistency the best have.

Na .. he is total class .. I am expecting a massive season now after he has gotten used to the hustle and bustle of the PL .

He has been unlucky this season. He got crocked early on then got Covid19

Bobo32

Any list of overrated players has to be heavy with Brasilian & English players

Adriano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Hulk, Balotelli, Oscar...and a litany of English players too numerous to list (Start with Jack Wilshere)

Robinho was a bit underrated for a while I thought, was Madrids only threat for some time but wasn't really taken seriously...
Oscar was a pretty good player I thought, but maybe very overrated by some yes.

I think the case with most players over/underrated is that it's done by the same sort of people mistaking some form or even a good run of luck, looking at the players age and making conclusions. Then when they lose form/luck they are suddenly terrible.

Bojan is a nice case of a player both over and under rated.

Home of Barca Fans