3 - Gerard Pique

JamDav1982

So, basically go on war with him and hurt the club financial status even more?
Sound good on paper, something that fans including me will love, but it won't work when the club leverage is minimum.

No, I am suggesting a gradual phase out.
We got a CB in Eric, I don't like him but he is highly rated and at this point the only thing Pique has over him is height. Even Eric is now faster than Pique.

Him taking a pay cut is good for the club atm, the club getting a new CB, and hopefully a new bigger addition in the position, basically relegates Pique to 4th or 5th choice. After new CB, Lenglet, Eric, Araujo.
It is clear that the plan isn't 3 at the back atm, that essentially rules Pique out of starting line up.

I think it is much easier to move those out once they see the club already moved from them, happened withh Xavi when he lost his starting spot, happened with Mascherano when Umtiti came, happened with Iniesta after Coutinho arrival.
You get a proper CB, then Pique is one leg outside the club, 2 in 2022 (when we give him a proper goodbye with fans in the stadium)

If we don't sign a CB, or if Koeman still decides to play him, then we are fucked up anyway, we have a big problem in management that is bigger than Pique.

If Pique takes being told he is not in first team plans to 'go to war' with club it tells the whole story of what is wrong at Barca... but you want club to bend to Pique as scared of way he may react. Sort of shite that has club where it is and these old players with too much power.

How would it 'hurt the clubs financial status even more'?

Pique will still be on a big salary and want that for 4/5th CB?

You think Pique will barely play. Lets see. I dont think that will be the case barring injury.

Just allowing players to take piss and not being ruthless enough as scared of them is the result of behaving the way you want club to and does absolutely nothing to move club on.

Last edited:

Messi983

“The day I stop playing for Barcelona, I will leave football. I will never play for any other team. There are players who move for money and other reasons. But If tomorrow Koeman tells me that I have to leave, then I’ll leave.

Birdy

“The day I stop playing for Barcelona, I will leave football. I will never play for any other team. There are players who move for money and other reasons. But If tomorrow Koeman tells me that I have to leave, then I’ll leave.

Koeman please tell him...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique is the king of empty quotes. I wonder what he would say if Laporta called his bluff.

I believe he will look something like this

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Jadentheman

To be fair Barca doesn’t have any replacement CB. And for Pique’s case they would need to replacement him as well as invest in another quality starter CB.

Messigician

Laporta: "Piqu?'s desire to lower his salary in this delicate financial moment? We are very happy and grateful because he's the first one who will help, for sure. He has shown his commitment to Bar?a in complicated moments."

If u hate on this man I will ban u

CatalinR10

Lmfao what

check how many games we won without him in this La liga season and then how many we lost before his injury and after.

He is the king of quotes. I'll be the first to do this , do that , would do everything for Barca bla bla bla but he's a huge downgrade in our deffence and teams are scoring goals left and right when he plays. If he had any decency and saw how we did when he was injured , he would have said that he's ok with a bench role but he returned , demanded to be played all the time and we were a joke again.

Last edited:
check how many games we won without him in this La liga season and then how many we lost before his injury and after.

He is the king of quotes. I'll be the first to do this , do that , would do everything for Barca bla bla bla but he's a huge downgrade in our deffence and teams are scoring goals left and right when he plays. If he had any decency and saw how we did when he was injured , he would have said that he's ok with a bench role but he returned , demanded to be played all the time and we were a joke again.

Pique and lenglet almost singlehandedly responsible for these last 2 seasons. Sure some players are not good at all but when you look at the conceded goals it's in the end almost always pique and lenglet, sometimes mingueza and Roberto but they haven't played that much.

xXKonan

We managed to click but it eventually became undone with Koeman's bizarre decision-making at the most crucial point of the season.

For me, there was no reason to be playing the likes of Roberto, Pique, and Umtiti. Two of them have been out for most of the season and another one who has been damaged goods for ages now. Pique came back and other than what a couple of games? he was terrible, the man couldn't defend or bother even trying to defend and constantly bitched about shit.

Home of Barca Fans