Alexander Isak

Messi983

Patrick was one of my favorite players back in the days and is one of the reasons why I've started to support Barca.

Probably also why I like tall strikers like Isak eventhough he's still inconsistent. I think he'll become more consistent when he matures but the talent is clearly there.

Linked to this Swedish Luka Jovic again.

Sure, the only difference is Isak has scored 33 goals in last two seasons while Jović has only 6.

Andresito

Staff member
He's tall for a striker but he doesn't play like a tall striker. Very good on the ball but not much of a fighter. It's quite deceiving actually.

Not sure he's the right type of 9 to play alone up front for a team like Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Patrick was one of my favorite players back in the days and is one of the reasons why I've started to support Barca.

Probably also why I like tall strikers like Isak eventhough he's still inconsistent. I think he'll become more consistent when he matures but the talent is clearly there.

Sure, the only difference is Isak has scored 33 goals in last two seasons while Jović has only 6.

Luka scored a lot of goals before his move to Real Madrid too.

I don't rate Isak as a Barca player. His level is Sevilla.

We need a killer in front of goal if we're going to spend a considerable amount of money on a striker.

Bobo32

We need a killer in front of goal if we're going to spend a considerable amount of money on a striker.

I don't know, I think he could be of use for Barcelona, although he's no star striker like Kluivert, Eto'o or Suarez. He is a pretty allround striker, deceivingly good with the ball and in his decisions. His style reminds me a bit of someone like Paco Alcacer but he has a Thomas Muller element to his game as well. Maybe Benzema is a better comparison come to think of it, but I very much doubt Isak will ever reach his level.
He could become a star for Sevilla or a good squad player for Barcelona, they shouldn't pay crazy money for him right now.

I don't know if that "killer in front of goal" isn't more about how he is perceived than how he actually plays. He certainly doesn't look like a killer, but I think he scores often enough and has a "nose for a goal"

Andresito

Staff member
I feel like Isak at the moment is best together with another striker. I think he'd be a good Lautaro replacement alongside Lukaku.

slicknick

He is a good player, I think he lacks the killer instinct though.

This...Not to mention, a bit too hit or miss to perform consistently at the top level...That said, I too, like his playing style, surprisingly mobile and flexible for a lanky striker

Messi983

I think you're underestimating him. Really depends on where he'll go next and he clearly still needs to improve in some aspects of his game (mostly consistency and decision making, which is understandable for a young player) but I think he has everything to become a top 5-10 striker in the world in next 2-3 years. But even now I think surrounded by better players he'd score around 25 goals here.

Haaland and Mbappe are clearly a class for themselves (but both very unlikely to be affordable/available) but besides them there really aren't many strikers at the start of their 20s who I think have higher potential than him, have already proven themselves in a top 5 league and would be available as they're not already playing for a big club.

We surely won't go after Isak this summer but if he stays at Sociedad, has another good season and we miss out on Haaland next year (which will probably happen) then I wouldn't mind him. Clearly prefer him over someone like Lautaro.

BTW, I also liked a little I saw from Adam Hlozek and he's also on my future short list. But he's probably still 2-3 years away from being ready for a top club. If available for relatively cheap would still be worth considering though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think you're underestimating him. Really depends on where he'll go next and he clearly still needs to improve in some aspects of his game (mostly consistency and decision making, which is understandable for a young player) but I think he has everything to become a top 5-10 striker in the world in next 2-3 years. But even now I think surrounded by better players he'd score around 25 goals here.

Haaland and Mbappe are clearly a class for themselves (but both very unlikely to be affordable/available) but besides them there really aren't many strikers at the start of their 20s who I think have higher potential than him, have already proven themselves in a top 5 league and would be available as they're not already playing for a big club.

We surely won't go after Isak this summer but if he stays at Sociedad, has another good season and we miss out on Haaland next year (which will probably happen) then I wouldn't mind him. Clearly prefer him over someone like Lautaro.

BTW, I also liked a little I saw from Adam Hlozek and he's also on my future short list. But he's probably still 2-3 years away from being ready for a top club. If available for relatively cheap would still be worth considering though.

I dunno man. I have watched him a fair bit, but never really been that impressed. He's a good player, but I don't think he's starting level quality for Barca, but obviously that could change if he starts scoring a lot of goals and performs more consistently. I'd take him over Lautaro too since Lautaro would cost more and is even less of a goalscorer.

I just don't want to pay like 50m for a developing striker that's trying to develop the most important part of being a striker.....scoring goals.

If we're going to pay 50m+ for a player he gotta be the real deal.

FC433

^
I agree with [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]. When I first watched him (two seasons ago), he was clumsy and inconsistent, particularly in his first touch. Similar to OD, but I think he got a lot better. I really liked him when we last played Real Sociedad. However, I certainly agree with [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] that he is not ready (more/ less like Trincao and plenty of other players, they need plenty of game time to develop not 10 minutes here and there) just yet. For 40m? I would take him, undoubtedly.

El Flaco

I dunno man. I have watched him a fair bit, but never really been that impressed. He's a good player, but I don't think he's starting level quality for Barca, but obviously that could change if he starts scoring a lot of goals and performs more consistently. I'd take him over Lautaro too since Lautaro would cost more and is even less of a goalscorer.

I just don't want to pay like 50m for a developing striker that's trying to develop the most important part of being a striker.....scoring goals.

If we're going to pay 50m+ for a player he gotta be the real deal.

Isak scored 17 LaLiga goals in his first season as the starter & was a big reason Sociedad still competed for top 4 spot.

Obviously, it remains to see if he can keep up with it. But it's way too soon ruling him out as a starter for Barca.

FinBarcelonafan

70mil? Jeez. World has gone insane. You could buy prime Suarez for similar price. Now mediocre players going for insane amounts. Hakimi could example. (Sure he is okay..)

Football lacks really good talent.

FC433

^
it is actually football generating more revenue. It will keep going up, which means that players will get more expensive. We need to make peace with that, for now. The only way to stop that is to limit spending. FFP will not address players' prices.

Home of Barca Fans