Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Looks like Marseille is also interested in Umtiti and Collado.

Konrad's might not be the only operation between Bar?a and Olympique de Marseille. The relationship of the Bar?a football director, Mateu Alemany, with the president of OM, Pablo Longoria, is key. Collado and Umtiti are names on the table, for the Frenchman it could be a solution in a league with less wear and tear that he knows well. Bar?a would be willing to do their part. Who is ruled out is Coutinho. His record is impossible for the Marseillais.

Andresito

Staff member
Umtiti will never move to Marseille with his Lyon past, not that he would without it either. Collado would be a good option though.

Messi983

Don't know, is OM vs OL really that big rivalry that would prevent him going to Marseille?

If anything he won't go there for other reasons.

malvolio

Would Pau Torres be a good alternatives to Laporte? I've seen him mentioned around the last couple of days, but don't know anything about him.

mc_lovin

Would Pau Torres be a good alternatives to Laporte? I've seen him mentioned around the last couple of days, but don't know anything about him.

For me they are roughly equal. I would prefer if we don't obsess about a left foot for once though and go for the superior talent in Kounde (at least in my book). Given we have the money (Torres and Laporte are just as expensive).

Messi983

For me they are roughly equal. I would prefer if we don't obsess about a left foot for once though and go for the superior talent in Kounde (at least in my book). Given we have the money (Torres and Laporte are just as expensive).

Yeah, but we can possibly get Laporte by swapping players (at least according to reports, I don't know how likely this really is to happen), Sevilla will only want money for Kounde (who would also be my prefered choice if we could buy anyone).

Don't think Villarreal will sell Pau this summer unless someone will pay his clause (60m). They've received enough money for winning EL and qualifying for CL so I think they'll want to keep their key players for another season.

Andresito

Staff member

For the price to sign Pau he wouldn't be good. He'd basically be a renewal of Lenglet. A solid CB who probably won't ever reach WC levels.

Can't see Pau being a top 10 CB even alongside someone like VVD.

Porque

If we take the extremely small sample size of the few games Laporte and Pau have plahed together for Spain then Laporta looks a level above talent wise.

Andresito

Staff member
If we take the extremely small sample size of the few games Laporte and Pau have plahed together for Spain then Laporta looks a level above talent wise.

Yeah. Laporte is much further ahead in the development as well. Pau Torres established himself relatively late at 21 years of age. Laporte had already played 2 full seasons as starter prior to 21.

That and that Laporte is older of course. But Laporte at Pau's current age was clearly better, and that's also when City signed him.

Joan

We might miss out on City's players, but we've signed their nutritionist. Huge win for Laporta

Home of Barca Fans