Christian Eriksen

serghei

[Danish FA] Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations. The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30.

https://twitter.com/DBUfodbold/status/1403774865186951177?s=19

Wow. I was sure they were gonna cancel it. Probably want to win it and dedicate it to Eriksen.

KingLeo10

Football is probably one of the most intense sports around.

IMO, the most strenuous. 99.99% of football players lose their legs by 33-35, but in other sports such as tennis or even basketball (with all the timeouts and subs), it's not that hard to be good well into the mid to even late 30s.

serghei

IMO, the most strenuous. 99.99% of football players lose their legs by 33-35, but in other sports such as tennis or even basketball (with all the timeouts and subs), it's not that hard to be good well into the mid to even late 30s.

Yep, could be.

Richard.H

Basketball is a ton of sprinting, it’s all HIIT. Tennis players play a lot of matches if they take part in all big ATP tournaments and grand slams. The schedules for top tennis players is just as bad for top football players. So what is the difference? It could possibly be the matches being 90 mins with limited subs and the fact you have to constantly run, even if it’s just a jog

Rassvet

Not joking but do we know about his vaccination status? I saw a report yesterday about some young people getting heart inflammation afterwards.

ronniecro

god i hope the worst is behind him,relief to hear that he breaths on his own and speaks. truly sickening feeling last hour

serghei

Not joking but do we know about his vaccination status? I saw a report yesterday about some young people getting heart inflammation afterwards.

Bullshit. Eriksen has a heart problem that has been silent until now. But, thankfully, he is now well, and he will retire in the next weeks and live a long happy life with his family.

Casillas did the same after he had a heart attack in training at Porto.

khaled_a_d

Basketball is a ton of sprinting, it’s all HIIT. Tennis players play a lot of matches if they take part in all big ATP tournaments and grand slams. The schedules for top tennis players is just as bad for top football players. So what is the difference? It could possibly be the matches being 90 mins with limited subs and the fact you have to constantly run, even if it’s just a jog

Tennis isn't contact sport

Rassvet

El Flaco

Wow. I was sure they were gonna cancel it. Probably want to win it and dedicate it to Eriksen.

I hope so, although the cynic in me believes UEFA threatened Denmark with giving Walk Over victory to Finland if they quit.

UEFA are likely to be forced paying compensation to TV-companies if this game was cancelled.

Devils

Glad he's okay.

Doesn't surprise me though. So many players and coaches came out this season alone and said that the amount of games and competitions were not sustainable and were physically taking it's toll.

These players are being run into the ground.

Home of Barca Fans