Mateu Alemany

Messi983

I've counted 32 players including Emerson and Gini. Didn't count Depay as it doesn't seem he's as close to join as the other two.

GK: MATS, Neto, Inaki Pena (3)
RB: Dest, Roberto, Wague, Emerson (soon) (4)
CB: Pique, Araujo, Mingueza, Garcia, Lenglet, Umtiti (6)
LB: Alba, Firpo (2)
DM: Busi, Matheus (2)
CM: FDJ, Pedri, Pjanić, Puig, Ilaix, Coutinho, Wijnaldum? (soon) (7)
LW: Fati, Konrad (will be promoted) (2)
ST: Griezmann, Kun, Braithwaite (3)
RW: Messi, Dembele, Trincao (3)

Andresito

Staff member
I've counted 32 players including Emerson and Gini. Didn't count Depay as it doesn't seem he's as close to join as the other two.

Todibo and Alena as well, even though Nice will activate their clause on Todibo.

What's going on with Akieme and Monchu? Surely will be bought by Almeria and Girona, right?

mc_lovin

There shouldn't be any doubt they want to get rid of 8-10+ players. Very happy with our approach so far, we should have sorted most of our incoming transfers before the window even opens. Should give us a certain tranquility, the squad looks decent with Emerson, Garcia, Wijnaldum and Aguero. Not awe-inspiring, but decent. Would definitely assume we are in a good spot for the League at least.

Depay for Griezmann would make me very happy as well. Having both would make no sense.

Messi983

Todibo and Alena as well, even though Nice will activate their clause on Todibo.

What's going on with Akieme and Monchu? Surely will be bought by Almeria and Girona, right?

Probably waiting to see if one of those teams will be promoted (they're playing playoff semifinals this week).

IIRC it was reported Girona had an obligation to buy Monchu if he'd play more than 20 games for them which he did.

Not sure about Akieme but his clause is only 1m IIRC and he's been pretty good for Almeria. I think they'll surely buy him if promoted (don't know if he's good enough to be a starter in La Liga but should be a good backup) and if not I could also see them keep him for relatively cheap.

FC433

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-barcelona/kadernaechstesaison/verein/131

+ Depay and GW since RK is most likely going to stay.

Andresito

Staff member
We should aim for 8 defs + 5 mids + 6 att.

Dest, Emerson, Mingueza
Garcia, Araujo, Lenglet, Pique
Alba

Busi
Frenkie, Pedri, Gini, Ilaix/Puig

Dembele/Griez, Trincao
Messi, Kun
Ansu, Depay/Coutinho

Dest as backup to Alba. Mingueza the joker in defence to cover for anyone.
So much depends on who we can shift. I wouldn't be against selling Lenglet, Dembele or Griezmann.
Midfield is one man less, can be covered by Nico from B. One of Ilaix or Puig should go out on loan instead of rotting on the bench.
Don't think we can get rid of Coutinho easily, can rotate with Ansu.

Messi983

Coutinho shouldn't be here. Just take whatever offer we'll get. I'd even send him on loan covering half of his wages. It's better than us paying his full wages for him being injured and when fit not doing anything else than possibly preventing younger and/or better players from getting regular playing time.

FC433

We should aim for 8 defs + 5 mids + 6 att.

Dest, Emerson, Mingueza
Garcia, Araujo, Lenglet, Pique
Alba

Busi
Frenkie, Pedri, Gini, Ilaix/Puig

Dembele/Griez, Trincao
Messi, Kun
Ansu, Depay/Coutinho

Dest as backup to Alba. Mingueza the joker in defence to cover for anyone.
So much depends on who we can shift. I wouldn't be against selling Lenglet, Dembele or Griezmann.
Midfield is one man less, can be covered by Nico from B. One of Ilaix or Puig should go out on loan instead of rotting on the bench.
Don't think we can get rid of Coutinho easily, can rotate with Ansu.
We should have two players in each position (433) + Mingueza, Moriba, and Messi. That should be around 25 players. Once that is done, then we should try to improve on what we have, for example, selling CL/ Firpo and getting a better replacement.

FC433

This is between what I want/ is, expected, and realistic:

Fati/Depay Griezmann/ Aguero Dembele/ Trincao + Messi

Pedri/ Moriba FDJ/ Busquets Wijnaldum/ CM + Roberto

Gosens/ Alba CL/ Garcia Araujo/ Pique Emerson/ Dest + Mingueza

Stegen/ Pena

Messi983

Could be wrong but I think we'll prefer a shorter bench (which means having a few versatile players capable of playing multiple positions) to cut on costs of fringe players who are rarely playing and to leave the doors open for Barca B players. So it wouldn't surprise me if we'll have a squad of 21 players and then have players like Nico and Balde who could be called up occasionally when needed.

Andresito

Staff member
I also agree with having a smaller squad. 25 outfield players is too much. We have to utilize the talented Barca B pool.

Nazario1985

People need to curb their hope on Fati starting next season.

He should play very rarely if Barca medical staff throw him again as "fit" his career is finished.

Home of Barca Fans