Luis Suárez

Bobo32

Personally, I don't get this hapiness from some of our fans, as if Atletico winning instead of Real is good.

I mean, I get it, it is slightly less bad.
But at the end of the day:
1. we finished last out of 3 big clubs in La Liga
2. we were KO'd in the round of 16 in a CL with 2:5
3. we didn't win any of big matches. The only win was against Juve who barely finished 4th in Seria A.
4. we played very bad, slow, sterile and predictable football

So, RM didn't win anything, but we had one very horrible season at the end of the day.
Plus, Messi is getting older, we have no money = not too much to be hopeful about for the next season.

One of the first of your posts that I almost agree with completely - it's just the last sentence I object to, I think there is reason to be very optimistic.

BarcaOG

Banned
Personally, I don't get this hapiness from some of our fans, as if Atletico winning instead of Real is good.

I mean, I get it, it is slightly less bad.
But at the end of the day:
1. we finished last out of 3 big clubs in La Liga
2. we were KO'd in the round of 16 in a CL with 2:5
3. we didn't win any of big matches. The only win was against Juve who barely finished 4th in Seria A.
4. we played very bad, slow, sterile and predictable football

So, RM didn't win anything, but we had one very horrible season at the end of the day.
Plus, Messi is getting older, we have no money = not too much to be hopeful about for the next season.

in other words, we are crap. koeman is crap

Mateka

When there are 3 top teams competing, you do not sell one of your best strikers to a competitor. Athletico sold Aguero to Real, Barca? No. To a team in another nation. Barca sell Suarez to Athletico. The rest is history.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

When there are 3 top teams competing, you do not sell one of your best strikers to a competitor. Athletico sold Aguero to Real, Barca? No. To a team in another nation. Barca sell Suarez to Athletico. The rest is history.

We thought he is too bad for top level. I heard some people saying that atletico will have a disadvantage with suarez now.

zanela

He's always been eccentric, but invokes the fighter in him, if and when he feels like it. Still better than any striker on our roster.

raskolnikov

Look, in an ideal workd we have enough money. Get a great striker and keep Suarez in the Larsson role for rotation on a lower salary.

But he wouldnt go for a bench role on lower wages so you need to sell him
But then dont do it to a direct competitor in your own league.
I know we tried Juve first but come on. Find another team.
And so with more respect then was given.
Suarez was right to feel pissed off about the whole thing.

clemente

The guy is a sore winner, you got paid your 100m by this club, no need to shit on it, guy is somehow even more unlikeable now

Mateka

Momentum. There is an upward flow in a club, where decisions made build on a previous one. A new coach, release of players, promotion of some youth players, purchases made with new players coming in. A trophy is won, but then a few players are released, youth players come in, purchases are made, more trophies. I’ve over simplified it, but momentum is built and maintained.
The loss of momentum in a club is sad to see. The departure of a key coach, core players ageing and carrying long term injuries. The wrong players released, questionable purchases made.
Suarez was IMHO the wrong player released. He can be toxic, but the desire to win, makes him the consummate professional. He’ll win at all costs.

FinBarcelonafan

Momentum. There is an upward flow in a club, where decisions made build on a previous one. A new coach, release of players, promotion of some youth players, purchases made with new players coming in. A trophy is won, but then a few players are released, youth players come in, purchases are made, more trophies. I?ve over simplified it, but momentum is built and maintained.
The loss of momentum in a club is sad to see. The departure of a key coach, core players ageing and carrying long term injuries. The wrong players released, questionable purchases made.
Suarez was IMHO the wrong player released. He can be toxic, but the desire to win, makes him the consummate professional. He?ll win at all costs.

He was too comfortable with Barca. He even looks healthier with Atletico(he looks skinnier/stronger). They made him run and workout.

He had more motivation because he wanted to prove himself again. I doubt that happens with Barca.

Home of Barca Fans