Ronald Koeman

Richard.H

The EV standard is a horribly low standard for a team like barca to have as a threshold. That said, RK is not the answer for us. He will get eaten up tactically by Pep, Tuchel, and Pochettino (as already seen in CL) in every single encounter. He just doesn't have it to be that good at this level. His level has always been midtable/Europa league teams.

On a sidenote, Simeone is massively overrated now. Dude's a clown for not winning this match. Played too defensively in the second half. He's a cuckold.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He was in the best form of his life all of that season. Bayern got a bit lucky with Covid-19 pandemic also

C'mon dude you cant say Flick has changed nothing at bayern, bayern has played three times better under him. Yes bayern had luck in UCL but they were still the best team in that competition.

Bobo32

Hardly attacking at all. Still plays 5 at the back, still prefers physicality more than anything and safe options are his get-gos. Trying to keep possession of the ball hardly mean anything, I find the attacking sequence very predictable. No plan B, if we concede goals, he would just roll out more attackers, hey score if you can mindset and win me the game, with no inkling of tactics not set roles of what they are supposed to do. If we do score a goal early, it would be subbing Pedri out for more physicality like Ilaix to try and "hold" on to the result. Sometimes it would be *insert Roberto* and see how it goes and if the game improves.

I just dont find his method particularly inspiring at all, and I've never seen anyone this lack of tactical nous. He has his set of "favourite players"and that already destroy any sort of potential rebuild we can have. It would be even more disaster if he brings on his dream players like Depay. It would be game over.

Yes. I always doubted he was truly this simplistic, but it looks like this from the outside!

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The EV standard is a horribly low standard for a team like barca to have as a threshold. That said, RK is not the answer for us. He will get eaten up tactically by Pep, Tuchel, and Pochettino (as already seen in CL) in every single encounter. He just doesn't have it to be that good at this level. His level has always been midtable/Europa league teams.

On a sidenote, Simeone is massively overrated now. Dude's a clown for not winning this match. Played too defensively in the second half. He's a cuckold.

Simeone had his peak in his first years and Atletico was incredible in 13/14 and 15/16 but he is finished.

fergus90

I just don't see the progression anymore, too many negatives are outweighing the positives.

People may argue its a transitional season still but I'm not seeing much of a transition now, but more the usual suspects walking straight back in now they're available.

Bobo32

Was that a guy from Az Alkmaar? I did see that on twitter actually :lol:

Don't want to out myself too much, but if you find the tweet again, please link it. I guess there are more than one player with that view...

Here is what Joaquin had to say:
"He has proven to be a bad coach and a bad person. The only thing he cared about was having five or seven bottles of wine at dinner."
Well at least that's something I have in common with Ronald then...

Home of Barca Fans