Qatar FC

Tackle

Will be interesting to see how they manage Neymar and Mbappe with only one year left on both contracts.

Do they sell to the highest bidder and attempt to rebuild the squad or do they accept they will likely never get two players of that calibre again and take one more shot at winning the CL even if it means losing both on free transfers?

JamDav1982

Will be interesting to see how they manage Neymar and Mbappe with only one year left on both contracts.

Do they sell to the highest bidder and attempt to rebuild the squad or do they accept they will likely never get two players of that calibre again and take one more shot at winning the CL even if it means losing both on free transfers?

Would guess they keep both unless huge offer which most likely wont come.

Cant see players of that calibre going anywhere near Paris now and particularly not when no ESL and vast majority of career is in irrelevant French league.

cro-man

End of a project

As long as money is flowing this project will never end and we all know that qatar is full of cash. Loosing against city will motivate them even more to invest. At some point this will be the oil league it is actually already looking who is playing there.

JamDav1982

I honestly think so too. I don't see them being as good next year even if they keep both Mbappe and Neymar. For their own sake, they should probably offload both and start rebuilding.

The issue for them is rebuilding to what and will they have a better team than the one without both of them?

Reckon they will keep them for one last go at it.

serghei

Wow, if they run down the contracts of both Mbappe and Neymar they look like even bigger clowns than now. :lol:

serghei

I think Haaland + Raiola will use them too to become filthy rich, then see his contract out and move at 23 with his bank account maxed out.

Richard.H

The issue for them is rebuilding to what and will they have a better team than the one without both of them?

Reckon they will keep them for one last go at it.

They can easily focus on their younger players like Moise Kean, Diallo, etc. until there's some very good young player to get like they did with Mbappe when he was at Monaco. They will still be favorites for Ligue 1. I just don't think for them it's a very smart decision to hold on to both when they can still get a lot of money. I also don't think they will reach CL final and maybe even semis next season with presumably a stronger Barca, stronger Man U, and stronger(less injured) Liverpool.

JamDav1982

They can easily focus on their younger players like Moise Kean, Diallo, etc. until there's some very good young player to get like they did with Mbappe when he was at Monaco. They will still be favorites for Ligue 1. I just don't think for them it's a very smart decision to hold on to both when they can still get a lot of money. I also don't think they will reach CL final and maybe even semis next season with presumably a stronger Barca, stronger Man U, and stronger(less injured) Liverpool.

All three of them are shite and Gueye is 31.

They have no young players to build on like that.

Edit: I see you deleted Gueye as young player.

Last edited:

Richard.H

All three of them are shite and Gueye is 31.

They have no young players to build on like that.

Why would they hold on to both? I don't understand your angle. I don't see them being better than what they displayed this season and last season. Neymar is getting older and Mbappe is not gonna get any faster

JamDav1982

Why would they hold on to both? I don't understand your angle. I don't see them being better than what they displayed this season and last season. Neymar is getting older and Mbappe is not gonna get any faster

To have one last chance at CL before huge drop off in quality when they go.

Richard.H

To have one last chance at CL before huge drop off in quality when they go.

They will leave regardless. Better get a lot of cash for it and rebuild than have it happen instantly and no money. IMO I just don't think they will be big contenders next season so that's why I share this opinion.

Home of Barca Fans