Do you agree with the concept of a European Super League?

Do you agree with the concept of a European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serghei

I hate it. It's gonna be a disaster in ways we can't even think of at this point.

Fucking work on the CL and tweak it a bit. Don't have to change much to spice it up again.

Laplacian

For anyone with eyes. Do you honestly claim that watching Barca or Bayern play against Ferencvaros or Slavia is interesting? It's like watching La Lakers play against Alba Berlin. From the start we all know who would win.

It's boring for glory hunters who decided to watch/follow one of the best teams in football history, you expect them to win these games and that's why you follow them. Now you're calling them boring for the very same reason you decided to watch Barcelona?

If it's too boring change your allegiance and follow a weaker club, then your highs and lows will be a lot more exciting.

malvolio

Tell me please how often you see this happen? When people start pooling things that happen once in 10 years you know they have no argument.

of course it doesn't happen that often. and even if it does, it don't mean a thing in the grand scheme. the favorites get out of the groups and we are watching the same clubs fight for the trophy.

"anomalies" like porto, monaco or dortmund reaching a final are too few.

but yeah, let's continue spanking ferencvaros in the groups, that really is the model of a great competition.

Last edited:

malvolio

It's boring for glory hunters who decided to watch/follow one of the best teams in football history, you expect them to win these games and that's why you follow them. Now you're calling them boring for the very same reason you decided to watch Barcelona?

If it's too boring change your allegiance and follow a weaker club, then your highs and lows will be a lot more exciting.

mate, the problem is that ferencvaros or slavia praga get a chance in 10 years to play in the CL. it really is only an opportunity for them to grab some prize/tv money and maybe sell a player or two, that's it. those clubs do not compete in any way for the CL and hardly any of them reach the KO stages(this being the bigger issue for me).

so are just going to continue this circus just so that we wait for march to begin and see real football?

Raketa10

I am also against Super League format at this point, but we need to understand that things are not that straightforward.

FIFA and UEFA are corrupt organizations and current version of CL definitely needs to change. I am absolutely against closed system but no one can say that football fans wouldn't like to watch strongest teams compete against each other on a yearly basis.

There should be at least 3 tiers of Super League and probably some regional competitions bellow them. Teams should be able to be promoted and relegated from each league. If that happens I will definitely support SL. IMHO group stage of CL is boring as fuck and European League is a joke. Stronger teams often come there and play with their reserves. From the next season UEFA will also introduce Europa Conference League?!?! Who the fuck cares about that??? Who will even participate???

I am not saying that SL idea is perfect, far from that, but maybe things will start to move in the right direction after this shit show.

malvolio

I am not saying that SL idea is perfect, far from that, but maybe things will start to move in the right direction after this shit show.

exactly. big changes should have happened years ago. and i'm sure they will agree to something as everybody wants to earn money.

Laplacian

mate, the problem is that ferencvaros or slavia praga get a chance in 10 years to play in the CL. it really is only an opportunity for them to grab some prize/tv money and maybe sell a player or two, that's it. those clubs do not compete in any way for the CL and hardly any of them reach the KO stages(this being the bigger issue for me).

so are just going to continue this circus just so that we wait for march to begin and see real football?

So all these sponsors, football associations, and clubs should be working out a way to strengthen the weaker leagues in the UCL. Not inflate the issue and get rid of mid-small tier teams altogether.

malvolio

So all these sponsors, football associations, and clubs should be working out a way to strengthen the weaker leagues in the UCL. Not inflate the issue and get rid of mid-small tier teams altogether.

who said anything about getting rid of them? just divide the leagues in categories and have promotion/relegation.

another thing to take into consideration would be the fact that some countries really can't 'sustain' football clubs at the very top. either for economic reasons(most of eastern europe) or simply because they are not as invested in the sport(scandinavian countries).

serghei

The real problem in football is that the player wages have become absurd. The salary cap will solve this frenzy. Right now, a huge chunk of money goes into the players' and agents' pockets. Limit that, and you will see a better distribution of talent, and more money will be available for transfers.

Limit the money that players earn. The contracts of the stars today are a huge financial burden on the clubs. The problem isn't on revenue, it's on expenditure. Clubs are spending too much money on transfers and players because the financial demands of all parties: players, clubs, agents have all spiraled out of control.

Last edited:

Rory

I wouldn't even watch this super league. Maybe I'd watch the highlights on youtube but the actual games wouldn't interest me for what it does to football.

Mitchell1978

A closed competitition in some form is coming, Football Clubs are Business now and they need more fixed streams of revenue...

The current CL format is shit and the new format sounds even worse.

Imo limit domestic leagues to 16 teams and 30 matches.
Get rid of shite like the Nations League and interrupting club seasons for International Games, limit qualifying rounds for Euro's and World Cups

And then you can have a Big European Super League in some way with 20 (maybe 24) teams playing 20 to 30 games max.

Yannik

I wonder how many of the people who clicked Yes are truely on board with this concept, and how many are just currently discontent with UEFA and only want to see some shit set on fire.

Home of Barca Fans