New 2022-2023 Barca kits

Birdy

Halved shorts for the first time since 1996 or 97 If I am not mistaken?
Awesome!

If the blue shade is not the Crystal Palace one, but the one Luftstalag posted, then it's great!!

Joan

I bought this jacket last year along with a bunch of other stuff from the official store, had them shipped to a warehouse in Germany and then the warehouse consolidated everything and shipped them all to me. Too bad our official store doesn't ship directly outside of Europe, I think we are missing out a lot of $ out there.

You guys in Europe can easily buy it. By the way this one was designed and made by the club in house so 100% of the proceeds go into our club. :p

https://store.fcbarcelona.com/en/p/BLM2SHF1

Thanks, Luft. :thumbsup: Really helpful.

Andresito

Staff member
Going to be another season where we change the shorts a couple of months into the season because they look horrible. Just like when we swapped the green shorts for dark blue for this season's pink third kits.

JerseyAddict

Going to be another season where we change the shorts a couple of months into the season because they look horrible. Just like when we swapped the green shorts for dark blue for this season's pink third kits.

or to be precise, when we swapped comlete pink kits set with last years senyera set... disasterclass by Nike.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
or to be precise, when we swapped comlete pink kits set with last years senyera set... disasterclass by Nike.

Not entirely Nike's fault though, we shouldn't have accepted such a hideous kit (the pink one) in the first place. By swapping it with the Senyera kit, we probably shot ourselves in the foot too, resulting in even less sales from those this year.

JerseyAddict

Not entirely Nike's fault though, we shouldn't have accepted such a hideous kit (the pink one) in the first place. By swapping it with the Senyera kit, we probably shot ourselves in the foot too, resulting in even less sales from those this year.

Well. i don't know how it goes in FCB, but I do know how it goes in one big big big croatian club. They got the catalogue and they picked out from it what they liked and combined the colors. To make story short. I was told by this from the man that was in the deciding commite.

So since Barcelona is the powerhouse I think that the jerseys do depend a lot about FCB wishes. They can+'t choose the template, but thy must have something to say.

Andresito

Staff member
Well. i don't know how it goes in FCB, but I do know how it goes in one big big big croatian club. They got the catalogue and they picked out from it what they liked and combined the colors. To make story short. I was told by this from the man that was in the deciding commite.

So since Barcelona is the powerhouse I think that the jerseys do depend a lot about FCB wishes. They can+'t choose the template, but thy must have something to say.

Of course they have a say. But the goal has been to maximize profit these last few years. And to do that you need new designs, hence the horizontal stripes and checkers. Also some questionable choices to play 2nd/third kit this season, most notably in CdR when we played pink kits against a similar looking side, while leaving the black ones at home. Simply because pink kits needed more marketing.

IMO it must be boring for fans of teams like Madrid, Bayern and Liverpool with more or less same kits every year.
At least we have the freedom to go nuts. Some designs are better than others and that's fine. But those horizontal and checkered kits were way out of line of what Barca should wear.

Home of Barca Fans