CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

Porque

The teams hopes died when Messi missed that penalty.

But a great effort and a ton of chances created. Let's build on this and come back stronger next season.

Messi983

Yeah, I think going into HT with a lead would give us more confidence and energy.

Pleased with the commitment from the team, we were just wasteful which has costed us once again. It should've been 0-2, 0-3 or even 0-4 at HT. With any of those results 2nd half would be different. Then we've just ran out of gas and ideas in 2nd half and we don't have impact subs who could change the game.

Vilarrubi

Marco Verratti (PSG): "The thing I regret a little bit against Barca is that we could do much better with the ball. It wasn't our plan to defend during the game, but that's the strength of Barca. They strangled us." [rmc]

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
yeah, and then some alien ship comes over paris and kidnaps navas. stop it with the ifs and buts.

we fucked up badly in the first leg, just as we did when we did that 6-1 remontada. no serious team loses like that and expects to turn it around. that 6-1 was just an anomaly.

and yes, psg played the game on their own terms as long as they did not implode in the first half. so having that 3 goals cushion definitely influenced the way they played, even though at times we thought they panicked.

Marco Verratti (PSG): "The thing I regret a little bit against Bar?a is that we could do much better with the ball. It wasn't our plan to defend during the game, but that's the strength of Bar?a. They strangled us." [rmc]

BarcaOG

Banned
Messi doesn't score that rocket and we end up getting 4-0'ed.

The penalty miss made our chances of going through 0% but even with that it was 5-10%. Not 100% as you're touting over here.

He scores that and the balance tilts entirely in our favour. We go through.

BarcaOG

Banned
I responded to an insult with an insult. It matters who insulted first. This is exactly why you got banned last time.

Glad you admit you're a liar though.

I'm really not. You are just exaggerating and twisting things. You called me retarded because I said Messi's peak started in '11 and not in '08. It had nothing to do with the previous discussion. Ironic that you would call me a liar in this situation.

KingLeo10

I'm really not. You are just exaggerating and twisting things. You called me retarded because I said Messi's peak started in '11 and not in '08. It had nothing to do with the previous discussion. Ironic that you would call me a liar in this situation.

Messi won a treble in 2008-2009. Won Ballon D'Or
Won a Ballon D'Or again in 2009-2010 and equalled R9's Spanish record of 47 goals in a season.

Only you think his prime began in 2011 because you wanted to make a narrative that suited CR7. Like BBZ, but he's actually funny while you're plain dull.

Our argument was also 'prime', not 'peak'. His peak was either 2011 or 2015.

BarcaOG

Banned
Messi won a treble in 2008-2009. Won Ballon D'Or
Won a Ballon D'Or again in 2009-2010 and equalled R9's Spanish record of 47 goals in a season.

Only you think his prime began in 2011 because you wanted to make a narrative that suited CR7. Like BBZ, but he's actually funny while you're plain dull.

Our argument was also 'prime', not 'peak'. His peak was either 2011 or 2015.

If you recall, I also said that I am not wedded to that view. I simply think that he was more than extraordinary between 2011 and 2015; better, even, than between 08-11. But I also don't think it's crazy to say that his peak was 08-2015.

I don't think that's crazy/outlandish--do you? It's not something I'm adamant about.

KingLeo10

If you recall, I also said that I am not wedded to that view. I simply think that he was more than extraordinary between 2011 and 2015; better, even, than between 08-11. I really think he was a level above in the former than in the latter though; but I also don't think it's crazy to say that his peak was 08-2015.

I don't think that's crazy/outlandish--do you? It's not something I'm adamant about.

13/14 is considered one of his worst years. 12/13 was great but marred by injury at the end where he didn't even play the 2nd leg v Bayern and played 1st leg injured.

The consensus is that his 4 years under Pep were his absolute peak. And he gave another absolute peak in 2015. 18/19 and 16/17 were the best seasons after those 5 absolute peak years. I think 99.99% of Barca fans will say this.

BarcaOG

Banned
13/14 is considered one of his worst years. 12/13 was great but marred by injury at the end where he didn't even play the 2nd leg v Bayern and played 1st leg injured.

The consensus is that his 4 years under Pep were his absolute peak. And he gave another absolute peak in 2015. 18/19 and 16/17 were the best seasons after those 5 absolute peak years. I think 99.99% of Barca fans will say this.

I think that's fair. In 12/13, IIRC, he was injured a bit though. Could account for the dip. He still delivered some very strong performances though. Generally speaking I think it's correct that his peak was 08-15, with a return to peak form in 2019. That's not to say the other years were 'bad'; just not as good as the peak years.

JohnN

I think that's fair. In 12/13, IIRC, he was injured a bit though. Could account for the dip. He still delivered some very strong performances though. Generally speaking I think it's correct that his peak was 08-15, with a return to peak form in 2019. That's not to say the other years were 'bad'; just not as good as the peak years.

So, in his 6 peak years he got 3 cls.. not 1 in 10.
Pretty.good.

Home of Barca Fans