La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Alaves 5-1

omidferoz

There is a huge gap in quality between Alaves and PSG :lol: Koeman has not done well against top teams. I would urge people here to keep your expectations realistic. Absolute best we can hope for is a very narrow loss

Agree. Koeman tends to lose against the big teams. Beside Villareal and Juve we have lost all of our crucial matches this season.

Bobo32

You joking right? He's been bossing the mid

He was great, a joy to watch!
The team as a whole played well, I think might be one of the best games under Koeman. Nice, when you like the selection before and they play as well as you hope.

nibarcafans

Really enjoyed that. We are, as we know all too well, vulnerable defensively. But lots of positives there, some nice passages of play - short, sharp passing, 2 Messi specials but pleasing to see the young lads play well, particularly Puig, Moriba, Pedri, Trincao. Good debut from Moriba, no doubt he'll be gutted with the mistake but overall he should be pleased, certainly didn't look out of his depth! The goal last week has done Trincao the world of good as tonight was one of his best games. Good game from Puig, glad he got the full 90, and good to see how he played alongside Pedri, as we normally get one or the other, not both! Pedri made a difference when he came on, and what a ball for Messi that was

Last edited:

DHorozov

There is a huge gap in quality between Alaves and PSG :lol: Koeman has not done well against top teams. I would urge people here to keep your expectations realistic. Absolute best we can hope for is a very narrow loss

That will be a what is called "50/50 tie". Both sides are terrible at the back and will be up to individual performance... hopefully Messi will step up, but you are really overestimating the current PSG side

Gari

Puig: "I'm very happy and I would like to thank Koeman for giving me these minutes."
Ilaix Moriba: "I can't stop thinking about my mistake, but I'm happy for the game. I was nervous and raised my head and saw Leo and Griezmann... They're everyone's idols."

JamDav1982

Puig: "I'm very happy and I would like to thank Koeman for giving me these minutes."
Ilaix Moriba: "I can't stop thinking about my mistake, but I'm happy for the game. I was nervous and raised my head and saw Leo and Griezmann... They're everyone's idols."

The good thing for Ilaix is that this team is full of a good bunch of cunts and will see him ok for that mistake.

Messi/Griezmann etc will see him ok.

Porque

Alba to Ilaix: "Don't worry lad. Once against Liverpool I started crying at Half-Time. Then Liverpool took a quick corner that caught me off guard as I was thinking about my next cutback to Messi. The next thing I know were knocked out of the Champions League and Pique is DJing on the flight back to one of Peps old Coldplay albums."

Home of Barca Fans