Luka Jović

serghei

Remember when Wolfe made fun of me when I was defending Semedo and Arthur. :lol:

Look at him with Jovic. My oh my... how the table's been turned.

serghei

Relax, man, it's normal for players who you believe in to embarrass you. Happens to all. You're not special. The more vocal you are in expressing your opinions the more likely you are to often be wrong.

El Gato

Villarato!
Never claimed to be special, been wrong plenty of times, always admitted it. You did just 10 mins ago in the corona thread, refuse to acknowledge it just as you refused to acknowledge being wrong on Semedos, cartwheeling for Setien, rating him and Lopetegui the same etc etc. Keep at it fella.

serghei

Never claimed to be special, been wrong plenty of times, always admitted it. You did just 10 mins ago in the corona thread, refuse to acknowledge it just as you refused to acknowledge being wrong on Semedos, cartwheeling for Setien, rating him and Lopetegui the same etc etc. Keep at it fella.

You must be one of the only people who think corona subject is easy to sort out. :lol: It's actually super complicated on many levels. But, leaving that aside, I think everyone knows on this website that I'm extremely lenient with many Barca players. Who has been around here long enough knows me defending Alexis Sanchez since back in 2013.

I usually defend players and give them the benefit of the doubt more when I don't like some general things in the team. Which is pretty much what you are doing with Jovic. You are rating players similarly with me, only with a Madrid bias instead of Barca bias. All signs are there. Very protective of Madrid signings, generally very positive when new players are brought in, and you get defensive with them when they disappoint and find excuses because you know they aren't bad players.

Even Barca rejects like Gomes and Mina are key players in a rather top Premier League team as Everton. So even the ones considered dross are actually objectively good players who play at a pretty high level consistently. Just not high enough for Barca/Madrid.

BarcaOG

Banned
thanks serghei for trying to talk some sense into wolfe. i too have been wrong about many players whom i really liked and wanted to perform well at barca. mina, who you mention, was one of them.

these things happen wolfe.

BarcaOG

Banned

you do know that your defense of jovic is as silly as 'cartwheeling' for setien, right? surely you cant miss the irony at work here

El Gato

Villarato!
@serghei
Your 'pretty much' is quite a nice tell.

Absolutely nothing to do with any bias. Discussion was about empirical data and backing it up with more experience and memory of watching Jović in person than many involved in this argument can call back to. Something most here admit to not having and hence resorting to flat appearance stats which are some of the worst measures out there.

Still taking the "Im special" attitude I see? Must be hard for you to specifically ignore where you were wrong and how often you were wrong given how far down in the toilet you know your credibility has gone due to bad takes on a variety of topics like squad shape, managers, refereeing, now transitioning into political commentary where you're even more out of your depth. Suit yourself.

you do know that your defense of jovic is as silly as 'cartwheeling' for setien, right? surely you cant miss the irony at work here

Not at all. You must define the arguments to make that comparison. Which you haven't done. You just think it's a matter of opinion. We were discussing data. Simple.

BarcaOG

Banned
Not at all. You must define the arguments to make that comparison. Which you haven't done. You just think it's a matter of opinion. We were discussing data. Simple.

LMAO 'data'. here's a simple datum you still havent addressed: two goals in 32 appearances. that's the 'data' that matters. please explain to me how actual goals scored is less relevant a metric to judge the performance of strikers than xG. at the end of the day if you want a striker who doesnt actually score goals over one that does, i dont know what to tell you. at that point, as you have put it, its simply an opinion. the opinion here is that you just like jovic, for some reason. because no 'data' (again, LMAO) that you can present can excuse or justify his APPALING record as a striker for real madrid.

again, if, apparently, what it takes to be a real madrid striker is two-goals-in-32-appearances, then 1) i can play for real madrid, since i might just be lucky enough to position myself to bungle something into the net in that many appearances or (which is worse) 2) the standards of what it takes to be a professional player at an elite club are DISMALLY low these days :lol:

DATA LMAO :worthy::worthy::crbust:

serghei

thanks serghei for trying to talk some sense into wolfe. i too have been wrong about many players whom i really liked and wanted to perform well at barca. mina, who you mention, was one of them.

these things happen wolfe.

That's the problem with players and clubs you like. You want them to succeed and you invest in them a bit. Anyway, it's not like it's some tragedy. You give up on them easily. It's not like now I'll watch Juve games hoping Arthur is some sort of hidden gem and one day I'll say "see, told you guys were wrong" lol. The only Juve games I've seen in full were the Barca ones. So clearly, I don't care that much about Arthur if he's not making it at Barca.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I already explained to you why appearances are a terrible stat to measure performance by. I know it's hard to accept and you're blocking out the better measures because it suits the erroneous position you've assumed in this discussion. No need to repeat it again.

BarcaOG

Banned
I already explained to you why appearances are a terrible stat to measure performance by. I know it's hard to accept and you're blocking out the better measures because it suits the erroneous position you've assumed in this discussion. No need to repeat it again.

this might be the best one yet. you cant 'perform' unless you are given chances, i.e, appearances. there is literally NOTHING to measure unless you play. wow.

you either perform when given the chance or you do not. jovic was given 32 chances to show something. he showed hes not up for real madrid.

:crbust::crbust::crbust::crbust::crbust:

"appearances are a terrible stat to measure performance by". christ, now that's something else. you surprise me everytime by coming up with something even more ridiculous :lol:

Joan

Some ignore list that is :lol:

Slightly more on topic, of course it's better to look at minutes played.

BarcaOG

Banned
what's next, wolfe, xP/A, expected performance/appearance, a metric determined by players' performance in training? where does the probabilistic nonsense end?

Morten

Wolfe, i dont know why are you are still questioning where i get the numbers from, i linked to it a few pages back.

We can disagree to what extent xG is relevant for a striker, but i did give you actual numbers, xG from 16-20, its right there, i made nothing up.

Home of Barca Fans