Basketball/NBA

KingLeo10

Side note: I can't believe how underrated Giannis is in this forum. Do you all just watch hot takes from Stephen A Smith and Skip and not the playoff games? :lol:

It's hard to rate a player seriously when he doesn't even have a good jump shot or great post up moves.

It's the same reason I don't get on the Ben Simmons hype. These kind of players can't win without a great wing player.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wait, what? He isn't comparable at all to Westbrook. The two play completely different positions. Giannis is overall a lot smarter player than Russell. Knows when to pass and knows when to shoot. Westbrook is a wildcard and you never know which version of him you'll get in a game (the one that constantly shoots and misses or the one that still shoots a lot but passed when needed).

Side note: I can't believe how underrated Giannis is in this forum. Do you all just watch hot takes from Stephen A Smith and Skip and not the playoff games? :lol:

He's not comparable.. based on what?
I haven't seen an enormous amount of difference. Both are best on the drive. One takes less shots than the other is probably the one difference I've seen in the little I've watched. Other than the obvious physical attributes which don't really say much about skill & IQ, of which Westbrook also has quite a bit.

I don't over or underrate him. I haven't seen much. But he's clearly uncomfortable as a mid-range player.

I agree, Butler is a very smart player and an absolute beast on defense. Great player, but can be a problem in the locker room when things don't go his way or if he's not the main alpha

He's only a problem in shitty locker rooms with poor organisation. Have you seen the interview on the Ringer with JJ Redick? And opinions of people in the know? He's a hardass who has a strong sense of what he sees as right and wrong, but he's being proven right.

Richard.H

He's not comparable.. based on what?
I haven't seen an enormous amount of difference. Both are best on the drive. One takes less shots than the other is probably the one difference I've seen in the little I've watched. Other than the obvious physical attributes which don't really say much about skill & IQ, of which Westbrook also has quite a bit.

I don't over or underrate him. I haven't seen much. But he's clearly uncomfortable as a mid-range player.

Well let's see, one is a PG/SG and the other is a forward. As a PG/SG in today's game you better be either a. an excellent passer, b. an excellent shooter either off the dribble or a spot on shooter, c.combination of both. The role of a forward is much different. Should be a good rebounder while still having the ability to shoot from inside and mid. Ya giannis has no mid range game but he more than makes up for it with his attacking of the rim and absolute freak athletic ability to grab rebounds and dunk (his nickname was not given out of the blue). When he attacks the rhythm and is FULLY HEALTHY, there is no one regardless of size that can consistently stop him. He is the only player in that bucks team that can create shots for himself.

Westbrook IQ? dude lost his marbles after that 2016 humiliation vs Warriors and hasn't been the same since. In houston, if he goes in attack mode, it usually results in brick after brick after brick. If he stays passive, he is basically just a really good defender with not too much to contribute on offense. Makes that mid range bank shot from time to time, but his mid range game is nowhere near as consistent as before.

You could argue Giannis has single handedly contributed to this Bucks franchise being a #1 seed in 18-19 and 19-20. When has Westbrook single handedly led his team to 60+ wins in OKC? I'm waiting for the arguments "But the eastern conference is way easier than the western!!". Giannis #2 guy on his team was Middleton, a guy who barely made the all star team last season. Westbrook if anything was a sidekick to Durant and arguably Paul George, both head and shoulders above Middleton.

P.S. Completely forgot that Bucks were in the eastern conference finals last season, destroying a very capable Boston Celtics 4-1 before being stopped by the Robot Kawhi. Is he still a terrible playoff player?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
You seem very emotionally invested in him lol. It's alright Rich, he'll go to the Warriors soon enough.

Poor shooting from Heat today and still went to OT

Richard.H

You seem very emotionally invested in him lol. It's alright Rich, he'll go to the Warriors soon enough.

Poor shooting from Heat today and still went to OT

Wolfe you are one of the users that I respect the most in this forum. However, comparing Westbrick to Giannis is one of the biggest hottakes I've read on this thread. I literally had to do a double take reading your reply and making sure it was you and not another user.

El Gato

Villarato!
Haha I did state several times I didn't see much of him or NBA lately. Take with a pinch of salt if you like and if you feel personally insulted :p

I don't see what the fuss is about with him. But it's not that big a deal. You may be right

khaled_a_d

Haha I did state several times I didn't see much of him or NBA lately. Take with a pinch of salt if you like and if you feel personally insulted :p

I don't see what the fuss is about with him. But it's not that big a deal. You may be right

He is closer to D.Howard than Russ.
That insane physical body, unstoppable force in the paint for a big man, the defensive presence etc. Tough to compare big 6'11 to 6'3.
Difference is Giannis has been evolving better than Howard. Who was even less skilled than Giannis by a lot.
Bud is actually trying to mimic Van Gundy work with Howard , but Magic team was better.

That is why I think Dallas is perfect fit for him. Luka immediately takes ton of load from him, makes life easy.
Having a future HOF coach like Rick Carlisle will put him in position to succeed and make him able to use his tools.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Surely we wouldn't do that. Unless they're already getting cold feet with KP possibly being a permanent glass boy.

Dont know what the priorities are, but for now it'd seem sensible to get a few guys like Crowder around Luka to help out with a bit of defending. Unless we're physically forced to get the deal done now

Richard.H

Lakers win game 2. Much better effort on offense, but defense still looks extremely shaky. We just cannot defend the perimeter when we double Harden. One of Tucker, Gordon, or House Jr always gets left open. It's pathetic.

Role players were BIG in this game for the lakers . Markief Morris with 16 points/5 reb, Kuzma 13 points/6 reb, Rondo 10 points/6 ast/5 steals

El Gato

Villarato!
First half was a Rockets brickfest.

Lakers will take this 4-1 or 4-2 unless LeBron keeps fannying around in which case it could be close.

Home of Barca Fans