Juventus

Morten

Xavi will dominate them.

As he would on the pitch.

Yeah, and Maradona turned out to be a great manager too.
There isnt necessarily any connection between coaching and footballing.

If Xavi does not turn out to be a great manager, i reckon he will do fine as a gardener though, so he can always do that.

FinBarcelonafan

If Xavi does not turn out to be a great manager, i reckon he will do fine as a gardener though, so he can always do that.

Maradona not good comparison. That guy is filled with his own demons.

Pirlo/Xavi different level mentally

KingLeo10

Maradona had a high football IQ.

Xavi has a high football IQ and a high IQ.

Morten

Maradona had a high football IQ.

Xavi has a high football IQ and a high IQ.

Do we have the IQ tests?
Eitehr way, there are plenty more examples of good players failing at coaching, Xavi may or may not be among them, but there are no gurantees of anything.

JamDav1982

Tough job for new manager as Juventus look like need to build a new team but likes of Inter will be on them if dip next season.

KingLeo10

Do we have the IQ tests?
Eitehr way, there are plenty more examples of good players failing at coaching, Xavi may or may not be among them, but there are no gurantees of anything.

Xavi hasn't been spotted blazed, for starters.

:lol: I like how you ask for hard evidence when dots can reasonably be connected but when it's your takes, you go on about Barca winning every trophy year after year or whatever the tripe is.

Morten

Xavi hasn't been spotted blazed, for starters.

:lol: I like how you ask for hard evidence when dots can reasonably be connected but when it's your takes, you go on about Barca winning every trophy year after year or whatever the tripe is.

Xavi is having an unremarkable career in whatever "club" he is managing right now, he is a pure ideologue and admits he doesnt coach defending.
So excuse me for waiting a bit before saying he is destined for greatness like you do.

KingLeo10

Xavi is having an unremarkable career in whatever "club" he is managing right now, he is a pure ideologue and admits he doesnt coach defending.
So excuse me for waiting a bit before saying he is destined for greatness like you do.

If you actually thought I think Xavi could be a better manager than a Pep, you do need to be excused.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Do we have the IQ tests?

based on Xavi's interviews he really has a high football IQ. I'm not talking about his usual "Messi is better than everybody else" statement, but he understands the concepts of positional play very well.

Morten

based on Xavi's interviews he really has a high football IQ. I'm not talking about his usual "Messi is better than everybody else" statement, but he understands the concepts of positional play very well.

Isnt defending part of positional play?
I mean, he`s already admitted he doesnt coach defending.

khaled_a_d

What?
He said a year ago or something that he didnt coach defending because he just wanted to keep the ball.

Its a quite well known quote, just search it up on google.

Found it:

"When I started coaching, I didn't think too much about the defensive aspects of the game and now I suffer from it. I suffer when the 30 or 40 per cent possession that you do not have and that is when you have to work hard," Xavi told FIFA, as cited by A Bola.

"[As a player] I had a footballing vision in mind. Almost everyone knows that I grew up in Barcelona and Spain. I described myself as someone who liked to have the ball. I suffer when I didn't have the ball."

Seems like he admitting a mistake, and learning from it.
May be his time in Qatar isn't a waste after all

Home of Barca Fans