Tennis

KingLeo10

FEDERER the truest goat and it's not even a contest dawgs

DAWG

source.gif

CatalinR10

actually i just finished playing some pubg with friends and saw this thread active.

But it's ok that people believe this guy is the goat , I mean some people believe CR is better than Messi.

Messi983

I haven't followed men's tennis for more than 15 years (IIRC the last match I've watched in full was that famous Ivanišević-Rafter Wimbledon final in 2001 :worthy:) and I don't have any favourites among the current big threes but I can't understand how Barça fans can support that madridista Nadal.

CatalinR10

I haven't followed men's tennis for more than 15 years (IIRC the last match I've watched in full was that famous Ivanišević-Rafter Wimbledon final in 2001 :worthy:) and I don't have any favourites among the current big threes but I can't understand how Barça fans can support that madridista Nadal.

agreed , it's absoltelly sickening.

can't take these people seriously dawg.

serghei

Nomally the ones who prefer Nadal to Federer should prefer Ronaldo to Messi. Same duel of different attributes and qualities.

When you say genius, talent, you say Roger and Messi.

When you say hunger, work ethic and amazing physical qualities you say Ronaldo and Nadal.

Last edited:

snowy

works for me

Smooth Federator is my all time fav :D

Really really really like Marcelo Rios and Monfils as well

KingLeo10

Nomally the ones who prefer Nadal to Federer should prefer Ronaldo to Messi. Same duel of different attributes and qualities.

When you say hunger, work ethic and amazing physical qualities you say Ronaldo and Nadal.

That comparison only holds up superficially IMO. As a character Nadal is significantly more humble compared to the egomaniac CR7.

serghei

That comparison only holds up superficially IMO. As a character Nadal is significantly more humble compared to the egomaniac CR7.

I was talking about their qualities inside the sport, not about the personality outside of it. As athletes, Nadal and Ronaldo share a lot of things. At the core of their achievements stand certain values, which are different from the likes of Messi and Federer.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I say Federer is the greatest and Djoker is the best (at his peak).

What sets Fed apart is he did it in 3 different eras, and in a time where court speeds were significantly different. It is almost purely arbitrary that modern courts are way slower and benefit baseliners like Djokovic/Nadal more and that's part of why they've been so successful now. Federer has managed to have incredible success in either era, regardless of the court speed.

Djokovic at his peak is just a near unbeatable tennis computer. A sheer freak. But even then a peak Federer can and maybe would whoop his ass with incredible shotmaking, especially if it's on faster courts.

Leo_Messi

What kind of childish and moronic logic is that? No offense.
Nadal is as much a madridista as he is a culé. The guy has been watching Barça at the Camp Nou numerous times and praised the team as well as Atlético de Madrid and RCD Mallorca. He is a football fan.

Plenty of reasons. To begin with Nadal is Spanish and Catalan (the natives on the Balearic islands, in particular Mallorca are Catalans) and he is an all-time great on and off the field with the most remarkable attitude and never die attitude that every aspiring tennis player can look up to.

Not really. Nadal is way superior in head to head matches against Federer and is far better mentality wise as well. The tennis player with the highest number of Grand Slams won in his 30's. The tennis player with the highest individual level of the 3 to date. The only one that defeated a prime Federer repeatedly when playing on Federer's favorite turfs. The most dominant clay player (by far) to date. One less Grand Slam than Federer while being 5 years younger. Worked himself back to the elite level from much more serious injuries (knee injuries in particular) than both Federer and Djokovic. Second most Grand Slam finals to date.

Nadal also owns the Open era record of most consecutive years qualifying for the year-end ATP Finals at 15 years in a row. As of September 2019 Nadal has the Open Era record for best career winning percentage (minimum 500 wins) at 83.13% (966-196 record), ahead of Djokovic's 82.70% winning percentage.

One could easily argue that he is the GOAT and those who use the Federer-Nadal comparisons as if Federer is Messi and C. Ronaldo is Nadal, do not have a clue about tennis, with all due respect.

Nadal is one of the most technically gifted tennis players to date with an insane winning mentality (unlike Federer who has been choking for years in a row - 4 Grand Slams in the past 10 years says it all competing against a prime Djokovic and Nadal - rivals of a quality that Federer never faced initially when he was winning left and right) and a physical beast.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans