Argentina

Hektor

OK. Griezmann is not coming. Mundo Deportivo and Sports are floating the name of the Danish player Ericksen and the Egyptian Salah. I know nothing about Ericksen and who he plays for. However they are talking ~ 220 million Euros for him. I'm sure the team that has his rights are having wet dreams. The same amount of money for Salah. After a good season and what he did in the Champions final game, he is not worth anything, imho. He suffered a minor shoulder sprain and for that reason he left the game. That is a player we do not need. I remember that in the 1986-WC final against Germany, Jose Luis Brown, the Argentine Central Defender, suffered a separated shoulder. Argentina did not have a suitable replacement Therefore, they cut his jersey and Brown put his left hand inside the cut, like he had a sling. He played the rest of the game in agonizing pain. That's a player - imho - not Salah.

Are we crazy shelling out 220 million Euros for a player? We have Cristian Pavon for ~ 32 million Euros. It is a no-brainer, imho. We still have 68 million Euros to expend on another player or maybe we can keep the 68 millions. We were going to expend 100 millions for Griezmann. I'm sure that Messi will mount a final offensive for Pavon. I asked for only one Argentine player for Barça, before. That was Javier Mascherano.

Hektor

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
35356444_10156722883218598_8203965466159349760_n.jpg

Lineup for tomorrow confirmed by Sampaoli.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Where’s Lo Celso? Where’s Pavon? Fucking hell, Sampaoli. Freaking Biglia. Not even rated at AC Milan.

[tw]1007092233802342400[/tw]

For once, Maradona was spot on. Disaster incoming.

Last edited:

gr98

If Iceland does park the bus, playing Masche-Biglia will help cover the spaces left behind when Salvio and Tagliafico push forward which I expect them to do throughout the majority of the game. Against Croatia and Nigeria, it would be suicide and I expect to see either a Lo Celso-Masche or Lo Celso-Biglia double pivot.
Reposting this^

One Ronaldo hattrick and everyone is having a meltdown, fucking pathetic.

Hektor

Many times I keep saying that the best players That Argentina has produced are Di Stefano, Sivori, Maradona, and Messi. Many of you never heard of Omar Sivori and might think that I'm talking nonsense. Sivori might have been the best them all, but he had a 5 cents head. He played for Juventus, in Europe and it is their legendary player. He came up through the ranks of River Plate in Argentina. He was very badly tempered on the field. On the other hand, he really believed that the pro footballers played too many games. :lol: Therefore, he provoked to get be expelled from the game, so he did not have to play the following game and practice the following week. :rockon: Therefore, we do not know if his explosions on the field were real or just faked to get expelled from the game.The President of Juventus used to say that "I only has one vice in life: Enrique Omar Sivori." The following link is to highlights of Sivori playing for Juventus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72BNyaQ3Fqg&t=12s

Hektor

Last edited:

Iarwain

35356444_10156722883218598_8203965466159349760_n.jpg

Lineup for tomorrow confirmed by Sampaoli.

For fucks sake, Rojo and Biglia shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up in a final tournament. Also, Mascherano will probably be useless against a deep defending team like he was in the last WC (games vs Iran, BiH, Swi).

Andresito

Staff member
Weakest point is definitely Caballero, guy is worse than Pinto. A lot of people on AFA Twitter would rather have Armani in goal.

JamDav1982

For fucks sake, Rojo and Biglia shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up in a final tournament. Also, Mascherano will probably be useless against a deep defending team like he was in the last WC (games vs Iran, BiH, Swi).

Mascherano will stay on front of the back four and switch ball from side to side like a prime Pirlo!

That will be important v this Iceland side.

Masch cant cover every blade of grass anymore and his role now will be to protect back four and use his range of passing.

Home of Barca Fans