Club members vote yes on New Espai Barça proposal

SeloBarca

Putting a sponsor name to the stadium is fine aslong as it is a name that arent accosiated with bloodmoney like Quatar, it adds letter directly to the words Camp and Nou.

F

Flavia

04/05/2014 19:56

"Days like today are when the world sees what FC Barcelona is and means," says President Bartomeu

He adds: "The support for the New Espai Barça proposal has been extraordinary"

Club members flocked to the Camp Nou this Saturday to vote on the proposed New Espai Barça project. In addition to voting, members enjoyed an array of activities programmed by the Club which included games for children, workshops, face painting, musical performances, and more.
Without a doubt, today was a manifestation of the Club’s democratic values and its slogan is “More than a Club.” FC Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu said to Barça TV and www.fcbarcelona.com, “I’m very satisfied. It’s a great day, a democratic festival for the Barça members. Voting made me very happy, as did seeing so many votes cast by members. It’s a huge project that will improve the Club for years to come.”
He continued: “The most important thing is that the members decide [the future of the Club] in a massive way. We should give an example of our democratic values, and the whole world will see it.” He added: “The members have given me strength. We will continue to work very hard like we always have and we continue to solve problems.”

Members vote YES

A total of 27,161 (72.36%) Club members backed the New Espai Barça proposal, which means that the project will move forward.The results of the vote were given by President Bartomeu in a press conference that started shortly after 9:00 PM CET. After he announced the vote tally, he declared, “days like today are when the world sees what FC Barcelona is and means.” He added: “The support for the Espai Barça proposal has been extraordinary.”

The Espai Barça project goes well beyond the reconstruction and remodeling of the Camp Nou. In addition to increasing the capacity of the current stadium to 105,000 and completely remodeling the current structure of the Camp Nou, the Espai Barça project entails building a new Palau Blaugrana with a capacity of 12,000, an additional court with a capacity of 2,000, an ice rink, a new Social Area, a new Commercial Area, revamped Club offices, La Masía and adding 5,000 parking spaces. If the proposal is approved, the year for completion of the New Espai Barça is 2021, as seen in the below graph:

timelinefcb.v1395330069.JPG

FC B

I think today Barca has far more and deeper problems to solve first than a new stadium which does not bring that much of an improvement all together.

I would have foucused first on the rebuilding the team not the stadium and do that when this process is completed but certainly not now.

Duke

I think today Barca has far more and deeper problems to solve first than a new stadium which does not bring that much of an improvement all together.

I would have foucused first on the rebuilding the team not the stadium and do that when this process is completed but certainly not now.

Rebuilding the team?! we need to sign 2-3 relevant players only and we are good to go. This is BAU for any average club to spend every summer.

I'm with renovation of the Camp Nou. I have been there many times and let me tell you...it needs renovation.

icemanbrfc

I think for those who regularly visit the stadium and surrounding facilities, they will notice much of the changes. For those like myself, who are millions of miles away, we won't really notice. I think as the process will be done bit by bit, and only completed in 2021, I think people might just forget about it as time goes on. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

FC B

Rebuilding the team?! we need to sign 2-3 relevant players only and we are good to go. This is BAU for any average club to spend every summer.

I'm with renovation of the Camp Nou. I have been there many times and let me tell you...it needs renovation.

2-3 players ? :lol:

2 GKs, 2 CBs, 2 CM, at least 1 forward and maybe a manager and sell quite a few as well.

Surely Camp Nou needs renovation but Barca needs first a new team, that's my point.

Duke

2-3 players ? :lol:

2 GKs, 2 CBs, 2 CM, at least 1 forward and maybe a manager and sell quite a few as well.

Surely Camp Nou needs renovation but Barca needs first a new team, that's my point.

7+ players?!!! Hold your horses now, we barely got 2 players the past 2 seasons and you want 7 players at once!

May I remind you that this guy still in charge :zubi: so with or without the renovation we will get 2 players or 3 max on the optimistic side!

XaviMessiGirl

And regardless, we're not a club that just goes out and buys practically a whole new team at once. We're not City or PSG, and money aside we shouldn't try to be. The more new players we introduce at once, the more likely we'll see players not being able to fit in with our philosophy. The most important is a GK, a CB and a CM. I know we are in need of more players than that, but what can we do when the board just sat on their asses in previous transfer windows.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
1 GK(ter Stegen), 1-2 CBs, 1 CM or 1 CF would be my pick although it depends on who get sold or not..... or well.... it depends on if we can afford to sell someone or not :lol:

Transfer embargo ;)

Theconomist

And regardless, we're not a club that just goes out and buys practically a whole new team at once. We're not City or PSG, and money aside we shouldn't try to be. The more new players we introduce at once, the more likely we'll see players not being able to fit in with our philosophy. The most important is a GK, a CB and a CM. I know we are in need of more players than that, but what can we do when the board just sat on their asses in previous transfer windows.

Yes, yes we are.

We should stop with that stupid myth that we don't buy. We are constantly one of the clubs that spends the highest each summer.
The only reason we don't buy ''a team'' as you say is that we already have a backbone come each transfer window, we buy what we need. PSG and City started with nothing hence the quantity difference.

This mes que un club mentality is holding us back a lot. Keep it for PR yeah but let's not turn it into ideology. It's hurting us much more than it's helping: it's already seen as sarcastic by non fans and an increasingly number of fans.

Small example: Madrid spend 100m on Bale, they make it a badge of honor. We spend 100m on Neymar: tax investigation, president quits, fucks our reputation + I can't remember the number of barca officials who lied outright about it. It's a business so let's stop acting like it isn't.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

The reason to why we have to buy more then 2 players is becouse we hang on to old merits far to long, just like ManU.
Now we have way to many old unmotivated players.

You have to refresh the team over time or you will go stale, like Barcelona have now.

The midfield need alot of strengthening, we basicly only have Busquetes and Iniesta. And everyone knows we need atleast 1 CB.

Theconomist

The reason to why we have to buy more then 2 players is becouse we hang on to old merits far to long, just like ManU.
Now we have way to many old unmotivated players.

You have to refresh the team over time or you will go stale, like Barcelona have now.

The midfield need alot of strengthening, we basicly only have Busquetes and Iniesta. And everyone knows we need atleast 1 CB.

You can keep your club legends without ruinning your squad. Problem is what the fans want and what the board wants are 2 different things.
Board= CL quarters/semis every year, league every other year, a cup trophy = good year
Fans= As much as possible (which is normal for a fan to want).

Our squad, even without any change, is good enough to be somewhat competitive for the next 2 seasons at least - this is good enough for them.

XaviMessiGirl

Yes, yes we are.

We should stop with that stupid myth that we don't buy. We are constantly one of the clubs that spends the highest each summer.
The only reason we don't buy ''a team'' as you say is that we already have a backbone come each transfer window, we buy what we need. PSG and City started with nothing hence the quantity difference.

Seems you didn't read my entire post. My main point was that we shouldn't bring in too many players at once, for the reason I stated. Regardless of how much we spend or can afford to spend. And no, we can't afford to compete with PSG-types and their bottomless pits of money.

F

Flavia

You can keep your club legends without ruinning your squad. Problem is what the fans want and what the board wants are 2 different things.
Board= CL quarters/semis every year, league every other year, a cup trophy = good year
Fans= As much as possible (which is normal for a fan to want).

Our squad, even without any change, is good enough to be somewhat competitive for the next 2 seasons at least - this is good enough for them.

That's the mentality that Arsenal board has, and look at them now. You just can't waste players like Messi and Iniesta. They won't be around forever.

Home of Barca Fans