F1

Laplacian

Not even a grid penalty? Damn, pretty lenient when they basically said Max brake tested Lewis. Max gets away with murder these days. lmao

Last edited:

Catta

[MENTION=1500]zanela[/MENTION] [MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION]

I wouldn't call Max a bad boy of F1. He is more of a disrespectful brat. He always drives like he is the only one on track, ever backs out in a duel, would rather crash than lose a position. The only reason he doesn't have a DNF in every race is because opponents know he is an idiot and back out. Since he came to F1, he was always protected by refs and by his team chiefs, they always had excuses for his mistakes and recklessness, he also never admitted to being wrong, and never apologized.

He is a dirty driver, and we are lucky than nobody got seriously hurt because of him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Verstappen will calm down in the future, especially if he continues getting punished. He's not that different to many other former drivers who were reckless during their first years. Even though you would have liked him to have improved more in that aspect by now.

Catta

Verstappen will calm down in the future, especially if he continues getting punished. He's not that different to many other former drivers who were reckless during their first years. Even though you would have liked him to have improved more in that aspect by now.

This is his 7th season in F1, he will never change his ways, its to late for that. Will never calm down as long as he is influenced by Jos and Helmut.

DonAK

This is his 7th season in F1, he will never change his ways, its to late for that. Will never calm down as long as he is influenced by Jos and Helmut.

I don't think he's been that reckless this season apart from of late, but it's a Championship battle going down to the wire, one that he could have already won if not for some bad luck his way. He's getting desperate and when people get desperate they do stupid stuff.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=1500]zanela[/MENTION]
What gives Max away a bit is answers to questions about incidents, where he kind of deflects because he either isn't prepared or, more often, because facts aren't really on his side - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e6LJZYfois

Red Bull manager Horner also doubling down on 'let them race' mentality to try and hide obvious rule bending they're engaging in is cringe inducing
Like, yeah, defend your teammate, but then let's not pretend like you'll have a leg to stand on when you get called out on your BS

Can't say Max is any dirtier than many other champions. But it's not a good look when you're frankly trying to make up the gap in speed Red Bull have to a fresh Merc engine late this season with these kinds of antics.
TBF to Max, he kept his cool more often than not when he easily could've been more pissed (Silverstone, Hungary...)

As for Vettel I dont know, some guys here will know more from 2014-2018 stretch but think he was fighting vs Lewis quite closely for at least 1 year with Ferrari
He's gone through quite an arc in the eyes of a general F1 fan from being one of the most hated drivers when with Red Bull to those most loved because of his sense of humor and clear contrast to Lewis often dry and PR-prepped personality

Last edited:

DonAK

@El Gato

People have changed their tune on Vettel because he isn't winning. People always hate winners which is why Hamilton is so disliked and historically great teams in every sport are hated so much.

He's alway had that dry sense of humor, but when he was winning people thought that was arrogance.

zanela

[MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION], [MENTION=17924]Catta[/MENTION], [MENTION=5226]El Gato[/MENTION]

Thanks you all for your insights.

Well, its a shame that he's reckless. My only experience with a Dutch (one of my uni profs) is an enterprising and respectful gentleman, and the Flemish are not so bad either. So, I would like to see Max win the final race fairly, and take the championship.. in other words, supplant the monopoly. :antonella:

Horatio

You're welcome
Thanks for the insight lads. Whoever wins it will be deserved champ i guess. Will try to tune in on final race.

Laplacian

[MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION], [MENTION=17924]Catta[/MENTION], [MENTION=5226]El Gato[/MENTION]

Thanks you all for your insights.

Well, its a shame that he's reckless. My only experience with a Dutch (one of my uni profs) is an enterprising and respectful gentleman, and the Flemish are not so bad either. So, I would like to see Max win the final race fairly, and take the championship.. in other words, supplant the monopoly. :antonella:

The Flemish and Dutch are complete polar opposites in terms of personality. Which is hilariously weird, considering how they're practically the same group of people until 190 years ago (well still are, but I'd get murdered for saying that irl).

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I?m a Max fan, just because I?m tired of Hamilton winning again and again - BUT, I have to give it to him? he one hell of a driver! Yes he had a much better car than the rest a couple of seasons, but when tested he comes through (except the year Nico won, but Nico was a great pilot also!). Hamilton will win his eight and he deserves it :)

Windhook

I'm not a fan of either of them, but prefer Max to win the championship. Fed up with Hamilton winning in the most uncompetitive era of the sport which is the hybrid one. Just look at the results in the last 6-7 years - yes, few other teams had won races, but that's because one of the Mercedes drivers (or both of them like the era with Nico) had crashed out of the race. Still fresh in the memory is the 1-2 finish of McLaren at Monza, purely the result of the iconic Max landing on top of Hamilton.

fergus90

I'm a Hamilton fan but the sport of F1 has badly needed this rivalry. The sport had gone stale and the fact that George Russell enters a race for Mercedes and was destined to win his race doesn't do anything to dispel the notion that the Mercedes car is doing half the job for Lewis.

However, regardless of the car moments like Brazil demonstrate Hamilton's class. I don't think a single driver makes his way through the pack like Lewis does there.

Verstappen is very aggressive for sure, but people have short memories because some of the most celebrated drivers in history like Schumacher and Senna pushed the limits all the time.

Home of Barca Fans