F1

El Gato

Villarato!
Hamilton recovering from 9th to 4th in 15 laps, possibly ending back up on the podium. Mental

Edit: Back in 2nd.

And before anyone chats "it's the car" - it is. But Bottas started in 8th and stayed there whole race till crashing.

Last edited:

Catta

Hamilton recovering from 9th to 4th in 15 laps, possibly ending back up on the podium. Mental

Edit: Back in 2nd.

And before anyone chats "it's the car" - it is. But Bottas started in 8th and stayed there whole race till crashing.

You can't use Bottas as a benchmark anymore. FFS Russel in a Williams got in a position to overtake him. If Ferrari and McLaren both improve even more, Bottas will be done, he will fight for points not podiums. Mercedes should put Russel ASAP in their car if they want the constructors title.

Hamilton was saved by their crash, he was a lap behind, there is no way without the red flag that he would have recovered. Leclerc was the biggest loser from that crash, from a safe and deserved 2nd place, he finished 4th.

But overall both races this season were exciting till the last lap.

El Gato

Villarato!
Didn't seem that way, but I only watch an occasional race when nothing else on. Bottas has done quite well in past few years. Lap behind or not, Lewis would have recovered several positions while Bottas hasn't done so despite pack close for most of the race till ~ lap 30.

Windhook

Hamilton was saved by the Bottas and Russell crash. The timing of it to me is quite controversial, all three of them being Mercedes pilots. Hamilton really fucked up in the gravel yesterday. Still Lewis has the most powerful car on the grid, but without DRS he can't overtake a donkey nowadays. Overall IMO DRS should be banned, it gives no chance to the leading driver to defend and makes the race boring and predictable.

Windhook

Nikita Mazepin is total joke. FIA should introduce some time criteria for drivers to get to the race. He's currently 1 minute behind the guy in front of him, Mick Schumacher.

Windhook

^
Wasn't he decent in F2? I know this is Russian wallets talking but it must have made some sense

He was okayish in F2, but definitely not among top 6 drivers there. His father is this Russian oligarch and main sponsor of Haas this year. Haas even adopted the colors of the Russian flag as their car livery.

Neeraj

Mazepin has gone from internet villain to internet favourite, because he has become a meme. The internet seems to love him now, cause he's basically a clown out there. 100% going to have a say in some big moments of the season with his shithousery, and I'll be waiting with my popcorn for the blowback.

One thing that caught my eye was how much risk F1 teams and drivers take in this already high risk sport. I don't know if it's just me getting old, but when you're 2nd, 3rd and 4th, you have like one lap left, and all of them pit to try and get the fastest lap. Heck even Hamilton thought about it?! I mean considering the number of things that can go wrong - a mistake in the pitlane, a mistake while warming up the tyre, a mistake while pushing for the purple lap...it just seems SUCH a huge risk considering the amount they are willing to risk for that 1 point. Amazing.

Windhook

Voted for Mazepin as driver of the day and he won the poll, but F1 didn't announce it. The irony.

I don't think he is the internet favorite, still a shit person, people just loving the disaster display of the worst driver in F1 history.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Haha I voted for him too, but I don't think he won? The site now says Perez won it (which I found to be a weird choice - would have given it to Alonso or Hamilton).

And yeah that's what I meant - the internet doesn't love him as a person, he's a dickhead but from trying to get him cancelled, people now realize the gold mine that he is in memes.

Windhook

Yeah, F1 site announced Perez, but strangely without percentage for the first time in a while.:lol: I'm scrolling on a F1 meme reddit sub right now, every few posts are about Mazepin's Driver of the Day conspiracy.

Neeraj

Haha I don't envy the social media manager's position :lol:

Imagine Mazepin getting DOTD every race, what exactly do they do?! They can't put it up at the end cause they would be trolling everyone not in the know every race, and if they edit it, well they get called out for it :lol:

Home of Barca Fans